Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ll welcome myself (first post :eusa_clap:) with yet another "help me to pick a board"-ish thread. Big ups for a great forum!

Waiting for the season to come, I´ve decided to invest in a new board and got this offer to buy a Burton Custom FV. It would be a really good deal for me - actually almost too good to overlook (living overseas where the boards seems to be ridiculously expensive).

The two sizes that comes in mind is 154 and 156, when I'm 5"10-5"11, 153 lb, 10,5 and would categorize myself as an intermidiate rider. I've been riding a Process FV 157 for some time (which was a huge step up from the Burton twin tip 53 ~1996 I had before) and recently came to the conclusion that I want a somewhat stiffer board, and this offer came up.

Until last season I´ve mostly was cruizing and/or bombing blues-reds (blacks on good days), but now I´m trying to hit som jumps, learning some good old buttering and just having some fun on the way down the resort-pistes.

Does anyone have the experience of a good size of a all-mountain boards, and maybe the Custom FV in particular?

I'm worried that the 156 may be a little to stiff for my weight when playing around the slopes (buttering, 180´s and such) but the 154 will maybe lack the stability when charging.. I seem to fall in the middle of the weight span on both of them. I know that 2 cm probably won't make that much of a difference, but this will be my "do it all" board and I really want to feel confident that I bought the best sized board.

I apologize for the long post - having obviuos problems with expressing myself short when writing in my 2nd language :blink:

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Both of those decks are perfectly fine for you. You said it yourself: 2 cm will make virtually no difference.
If you are really concerned about this, go with the 156 - Flying V is not the grippiest profile in the world so some extra edge always helps. And the board will still press/butter easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply!

You´re probably right about the extra cm edge. One of the reasons I asked was that it seems to be a great deal of boarders that down-size (and riding boards which they are in the top of their weight spans) and feel that this extra softness really help them to play around. Especially all-mountain boarders with medium flex boards.

Needless to say - I spent my shear of time reading about this :dizzy:.

I also noticed that some seems to have some difficulties pressing when they weight-matched their Custom FV boards. But maybe it's lack of skills thats keeping their tips down?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts