Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the daughter to Mount Norquay today in Banff. It was opening day. Snow was decent and we had a heck of alot of fun. It was a glorified bunny hill, but it was nice to get out and get some turns in. I have a seasons pass, so it only cost me 10 bucks for the daughter. Really good time to get her out and teach her to link some turns before pulling the trigger on a larger more expensive mountain. I love this sport.

·
Registered
736 Posts
That is awesome man! I have to wait until Dec 3 until opening day =( But it will be the first year I have my son out riding, he is 5. I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome man! I have to wait until Dec 3 until opening day =( But it will be the first year I have my son out riding, he is 5. I can't wait!
I highly recommend lessons for the little ones. They really do seem to enjoy lessons better than having their parents try to explain at that age. My daughter is at the stage where she probably doesn't need any more lessons, however, they are always good if you can afford it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I highly recommend lessons for the little ones. They really do seem to enjoy lessons better than having their parents try to explain at that age. My daughter is at the stage where she probably doesn't need any more lessons, however, they are always good if you can afford it.
Yeah they have like a 10 weekend lesson deal thing for the wee people. I am pretty sure I'll just be signing him up for that. Everything I have heard from everyone is to not teach your own kids.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Most definitely recommend classes for the kiddos. It's amazing how much better our daughter responded to ski school than when my wife tried to teach her. Plus, you get time to go ride and when you come back they get to show off what they learned. Most kids love that kind of shit.

We're hoping here in Michigan to be riding by the end of the month. :sad:

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Good to get out early!!! Place looks empty, I'm guessing no lift lines eh?!? :D

Yeah the Nakiska run should be MUCH longer than that, even if it's just the blue off the gold chair. It's still a 1500 Ft vertical run I think...

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I can't wait to get my little one out either. She's 3 and I guess I'll try her on skis first, but I'm sure she will love it. Well I hope she'll hate the skis and rip it up on a board. Anyway gotta wait till the 28th for Biggie to open.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got my boy his first board set up this year - he's 4 in February but he's very big for his age. Took him to nakiska on saturday and gave him some lessons by the lodge, I've also been giving him some small lessons at the park near mine. He's booked in for some proper lessons in January but it's so much fun, he's loving it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got a setup last month for my 4yo too. First season. Obviously. I really hope he gets into it. After reading this I think lessons are a good idea.

I guess I can get a little intense at times and it seems like having kids his own age trying it with him would be fun.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Nice! Other than the 5000 people on one run, I'd say Sunday was the best first day of the season I've ever had!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sunshine is pushing back their opening till Nov.15.
Here in Revelstoke we have snow to valley bottom (couple inches) 2 feet on the ski hill, and about 2-4 feet on the surrounding mountains, but we need a lot more so it can create a base before we can ride much

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Green run. Also known as the Wiwaxy 500 (an Alberta institution.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Glacier chair has about 1500 feet of elevation. It's decent length, if not the steepest. Definitely the longest run that's going to be open this weekend in Alberta.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts