Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6'2", 185lb, size 11

Looking to get a board that will handle most things competently when I can only take 1 board. I'm an intermediate rider based on the east coast that takes a few big trips to canada/rockies. Should be able to handle ice as I'll be on local hills a lot. I want something with pop that's stable on landings as I love jumping off everything I can and can also handle speed well.

I was looking at the 2013 Rossi Jibsaw 158, Rossi Angus Amptek 158 or 162, and Flow Drifter 159. Don't want to drop serious coin and they're all on sale mid $200s.

I also could get a lightly used 2012 Ride Arcade UL 158 for less $.

Would appreciate any opinions from people that have ridden any of these.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The One is stiffer then the other 2 he mentioned. My friend rides one and he likes it but he is primarily a free ride kind of guy. Not much freestyle.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read good things about the One Magtek and considered it but I think it's too aggressive for what I'm looking for and it's $100 more than the others.

·
Banned
257 Posts
the burton landlord

·
Registered
730 Posts
the Rossi Templar is a toned down version of the One(softer) and is usually super cheap....magne, RCR, Sintered base...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the Drifter and have really liked it so far. If you go the Era route, I'd look at the one Nivek's selling--killer deal. Not sure if it's the right size for you or not though, it may be on the small side..?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never Summer SL 158. It fits exactly what you described and want.

As usual right? Never Summer fan boy
I'd go for the Proto if I was gonna go NS but not looking to spend that much, dropped plenty on new boots and bindings already.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Yeah for me a twin is more a quiver killer so Era gets my bid from Flow. From Rossi I'd honestly say the Trickstick. Again I want a twin. For a softer quiver killer the Bataleon Whatever. For a tighter feel the K2 Happy Hour is super versatile. On a playful note the Salomon Villain is another board I could ride every day in every condition. Signal OG Flat for something directional twin. I rode that at Bear for a whole year and still ride it here in Colorado frequently. Arbor Blacklist or Coda if you're into full reverse. Super budgety the K2 Raygnun is a fun board everywhere.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Quiver killer? Move to the mountains, ride 100 day seasons for the next 3 to 5 years in every terrain on a few different boards. Ride till your good enough to kill it with every board in you're quiver. Go out and buy the board with the characteristics you feel are gonna be the most versatile to you...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts