Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered my gold 5s a couple weeks ago and started looking into cases as to not destroy this one like i did my last.. while looking i came across the optrix case which can be found here ----> Optrix XD5 for iPhone 5, 5S | Optrix

Coincidentally i was looking into getting a camera as well for this season and figure this might save me some money if it works well. Has anyone ever used this? If so how does the extended lens compare to that of a mid range camera? How about a gopro/drift hd/etc ?

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
It would replace point and shoot, there is no comparison to a dslr camera or a HD POV camera. That video quality was sub par by today's standards

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok well i suppose i should start looking at handhelds then.. any suggestions for something that will do a good job but wont break the bank?

Something like this for example

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=7970058&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7970058&extensionType={adtype}:{network}&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!{keyword}!{matchtype}!{adwords_producttargetid}!{network}!{ifmobile:M}!{creative}&kpid=7970058&k_clickid=5c9ebfce-7129-2688-7303-000059e81e18&pid=1218863185321

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
For the price that isn't a bad camera. I would probably just assume use my phone though because the quality won't be THAT big a difference

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have recently purchased a Polaroid XS100....I have done a few time lapse and simple video, no snowboarding/kayaking yet, BUT the quality is very impressive for $160. easy to use, easy to set up....specs are decent.

16mp stills time lapse options
1080p at 30fps, 720p at 60fps

Ill post videos once we get some snow...hoping to hit SSV on opening weekend (Nov 9th)

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow that looks like a really good case. I was looking into getting a GoPro but they are too expensive, this case will save me a bit of money :D:yahoo:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just downloaded Lapse It for iPhone 5. Time lapse and stop motion on your phone. going to try it out this week on the Front Range - see if i can get anything cool during my week of boarding :yahoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts