Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'1" and 135lbs (yes I'm 135) and I wear 11-11.5 boots. I bought the Union Contact last February and I love them! So this year I'm renewing my stuff, but I'm keeping the Union. I picked up the T. Rice Pro HP 157 (I prefer to ride smaller boards) since it's lightweight and excellent for jump, but I've not been able to find if it was good for rails and boxes. I aim more on rails for the moment since I only do BS/FS 360, but i'm looking to do crooked jump maybe this year. I bought it just incase it become out of stock. It's still not shipped in I have a 30 days return, so should I keep it or buy another board better for park (I only do park). So I'm pretty sure there's a better board for what I'm doing, I want the more decent one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
At 135 this is going to be a really stiff board and feel dead. If you want to stay lib, the trs/rc would be better choices

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Agree, 157 is way too long for the T. Rice. Board is going to be a dead and super stiff plan. OP should be on the 153 or 155 at the most. But he would probably better off on a 154 TRS or similar. Also a much better match for the bindings - Contacts would be very soft for the T. Rice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply! I just canceled my order, I will probably take 155, because i'm still in my growth. Is the board good for rails and boxes? If not, what board should I consider?

·
Registered
548 Posts
The Bataleon Disaster would also be a much better choice for rails combo'd with the contact.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I heard that the kink is easy to break, is it true?
Nope. Not at all.

Add the Salomon Villain, Rossi RocknRolla, Burton Parkitect, and Nitro Pyro to the boards already mentioned. Sizing for you should be more around the low 150's. Like from 150-154.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts