Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I plan on checking it out at some point. I also want to do some of the backcountry hot laps on the Grand Mesa. Looks like fun stuff. Last year just wasn't the year down here.
Hmm, I didn't see much potential for that when I lived in Junction, but wasn't really looking for that.
Powderhorn season pass holders for 4 years.....

Stranger things have happened. When I win the lottery, I will be your neighbor

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmm, I didn't see much potential for that when I lived in Junction, but wasn't really looking for that.
Powderhorn season pass holders for 4 years.....

Stranger things have happened. When I win the lottery, I will be your neighbor
My son and I each got 3 free lift tickets to Powderhorn with our passes up here. Debating if it's worth the drive down?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, that's a long drive to go to Powderhorn IMO.

For me, I wouldn't do it if it's only to go to Powderhorn. YMMV
Yeah, was talking to a buddy about it. Think the only way we do it is if we do Telluride too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
But with crowds, prices, and for the most part terrible terrain I think it's no longer worth its value... Maybe I'm coming down with a hard case of the grass is always greener?
Day at Vail mid season 200$
you wanna talk about lines/crowds....I've had to resort to riding weekdays only...even the backcountry stuff you are rarely alone....

Everyone and their F***ing mother has decided to move here in the last couple years and they just keep on comin'....

Traffic? holy shittttt....so much construction roads were not designed to handle the recent influx in population...go to Canada bro....id be there if i didnt have a DUI lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
I actually love Powderhorn. They get dumped on quite a bit and their tree skiing is some of my favorite in colorado.
Hmmm...

ETA: Worst case I'm going to have a bunch of lift tickets that will collect dust if we don't go down.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
And now the PNW is offically going to be the last area of the country to open this year. Not a big deal as it will come, but it still feels like being robbed having MI and mid Atlantic resorts open before us.

NE: Open
Midwest: Open
Mid Atlantic: Opening
Rockies: Open
Sierras: Open
PNW: 45 degrees and no snow anywhere in the forecast

·
Registered
254 Posts
And now the PNW is offically going to be the last area of the country to open this year. Not a big deal as it will come, but it still feels like being robbed having MI and mid Atlantic resorts open before us.

NE: Open
Midwest: Open
Mid Atlantic: Opening
Rockies: Open
Sierras: Open
PNW: 45 degrees and no snow anywhere in the forecast
If it's any consolation I just moved to Idaho this year and it looks like we are going to have shit for snow. Oh well. Ullr giveth and he taketh away.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
If it's any consolation I just moved to Idaho this year and it looks like we are going to have shit for snow. Oh well. Ullr giveth and he taketh away.
Ha ya, you guys are fringe PNW. Basically outside of OR, WA, ID area you'll be able to get riding in somewhere in the next week. Here, its 2 weeks at best and that's if some massive storms appear out of nowhere that aren't in any model currently. Or it could be late December if this weather pattern holds.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ha ya, you guys are fringe PNW. Basically outside of OR, WA, ID area you'll be able to get riding in somewhere in the next week. Here, its 2 weeks at best and that's if some massive storms appear out of nowhere that aren't in any model currently. Or it could be late December if this weather pattern holds.
Yeah at least we are on the fringes of the ridge. I'll probably head over to sun valley in the next few weeks. Snow will be all man made but it will be fun to get on it. Bright side is that I have a trip to Jackson planned for late december/early January. Storms are typically on a 3-4 week cycle so I should get some good conditions while I'm there.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Bozeman and Whitefish are gonna pop too..also Leavenworth WA...
Idk where they'd go in Leavenworth. I hope Bellingham gets the population spike. Stevens is crowded enough with epic passes now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 81 Posts