Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you know this brand?

OUT OF

how does it compare with respect to oakley/smith?
more in general, how other brands (like for example Anon/vonzipper/etc) compare to oakley?
thanks

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Never heard of them, but they look pretty sweet.

IMHO, Oakley is overrated as fuck. Lens tech is good, but not miles ahead of everyone else like they want you to believe. Plus, I find their surround foam to be itchy as hell and just don't care for their overall fit.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
the lenses and frames look alright but I've still to hear any convincing arguments for either photochromatics or polarized, both of which seem to be super high dollar items *read gimmicky* that don't actually translate well to snow. :dunno:

·
Registered
430 Posts
do you know this brand?

OUT OF

how does it compare with respect to oakley/smith?
more in general, how other brands (like for example Anon/vonzipper/etc) compare to oakley?
thanks
Meh,

Doesn't look like they have many lens options that would work too well here in the PNW.

If they fit your face, and meet your lighting needs though, go for it. Those are the most important factors anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Never heard of them, but they look pretty sweet.

IMHO, Oakley is overrated as fuck. Lens tech is good, but not miles ahead of everyone else like they want you to believe. Plus, I find their surround foam to be itchy as hell and just don't care for their overall fit.
Soooo basically because it doesn't suit you, they're overrated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 - 6 of 6 Posts