Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been in the snowboard buying scene in a while. I'm currently riding a Forum Warrior that is stiff as hell but amazing when I make it out west into the powder of Colorado (I currently live in MI). I'd consider myself an intermediate to advanced rider and am looking for a new board for the groomers in Michigan that could also work out west and I could do some natural terrain jumps and maybe some big air kickers (no halfpipe for me). I also plan on using this board for snowkiting with my kitesurfing kite on one of the lakes that freezes over that's located near me. Seems like a lot of things have changed since I bought my current board probably 8 or 9 years ago. Any good recommendations for my needs or things I should check out? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to add I'm 5'8'' and about 160 pounds. Thanks!

·
Registered
884 Posts
K2 Fastplant, Ride machete, Signal OG flat, flow drifter, neversummer proto hd,
bataleon the jam, yes jackpot. Any of those in a 153-155 size

·
Registered
854 Posts
The Forum Warrior is a classic ripper. You won't find a lot of boards like that today. And anything but regular camber might feel like a step down Im afraid.

The Signal OG is a great board in regular camber. The Signal Flat doesn't rip or pop as hard, but if you are into jibbing you might want to look at it.

This year the Capita NAS has a sintered base and would be similar to the Warrior.

Burton Custom restricted or an Aftermath if you can find one.

Maybe a Lib Dark series if you want to venture into magnetraction boards.

The Yes - Pick Your Line board is a great stick too if you want to try a modified camber board without venturing to far from the feel and benefits of traditional camber.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! I was wondering what the forum warrior was. I'm still rusty on the whole camber and rocker and all that stuff, even after reading up on it. Think I need to just go take different ones out for a ride.

The warrior is an amazing board. It's the 2005 model. Really stiff, love it for freeriding, but I'm looking for one that's a little more flexibile. Thanks again for the help everyone!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, so go with one for some rocker then. Still having a hard time deciding, there's just so much out there. Any other recommendations? Hoping to get a whole complete setup for 500-750 dollars total (boots, bindings and board). Is this a reasonable expectation or should I save up a little bit more? Thanks again!

·
Registered
338 Posts
This year I rode the DC Ply, Machete, & Angus. I've actually liked the Machete the most for buttering, groomers and smaller jumps. It could also be the size of the board I like more.

I was impressed with the Machetè, although mine is a new 12 model, I would imagine the newer one is the same or better

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far looking at the Never Summer Proto board and was checking out some of the Arbor boards (love the wood tops on those). Any thoughts on Arbor?

I'm leaning more towards a rocker board and it will end up being my all mountain freestyle board if that changes anything. Once again thanks for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The Element and Coda from arbor are both really good boards. The Proto is probably the single most popular board on this website. They are pretty expensive boards though and equal or better ones can be had for less money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts