Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you guys prefer for outerwear...brands, types. Quiksilver has always worked for me, TRice line is always top notch and anything GoreTex is A-game. DC and Volcom are good stuff...I like DC's jackets, but not their pants and I like Volcom's pants, but not their jackets. Burton is okay, Their AK Gore line is good stuff. Just interested in everybody else's interests.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Have you worn much Oakley? I'm thinking about the crowbar but reading mixed reviews about nose discomfort.
All personal preference, all I wear are Crowbars and I love them. I've got like 4-5 different pairs.

As for outerwear, ANALOG, all day. Some of the higher-end AK pieces are appealing to me as well, but I don't need that level of tech in my outerwear.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Have you worn much Oakley? I'm thinking about the crowbar but reading mixed reviews about nose discomfort.
yeah I wear Oakley goggles and outerwear. I've had good luck with both pants and jacket from Oakley, two seasons with 30 days each and no tears or loose seams.

Good pockets and media storage options too, good fit. I haven't had any issues honestly.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I have Quicksilver, Analog, O'Neil x2, Oakley, and DC jackets.... But i also have and swear by SweetProtection....!!!

I love the sweet for the colder weather, but the TailGunner jacket i have is a little heavy and not really good once it gets as warm as -5... When it gets down past -10 i use more layers rather than this jacket so i can remove as needed... And really love the O'Neils when it gets there...

Trousers i only wear Burton Cargo pants, as they fit me without me walking on the bottoms so much, and the pockets work for me as well, as i don't like stuff in jacket pockets, easy to fall on and damage, less so on the outside of you leg by your knee... Haha

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I've worn a Grenade jacket for the last 4 seasons. The thing is still solid. I go through pants quite a bit. They just get shredded after a hard season of riding and hiking rails. Of those that have impressed me most with quality have been the Special Blend Toofer and Nomis Simon Cargo.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Volcom all the way... Their goretex pants are amazing. I have a Quicksilver jacket I like but its a little lighter (10k) and I have a Billabong jacket that I use for deep powder days (15k).

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a pair of crowbars but sold them on eBay. I had issues with them fogging, which I think was a fit issue for me. And I've never really been a big fan of the thick foam layer that is on Oakley goggles. Just my preference...I've got multiple pairs of Quik Hubbles and love 'em. They sit closer to my face and the peripheral vision is unreal. The versatility of switching different lenses on Oakleys is a plus though.

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
I had a pair of crowbars but sold them on eBay. I had issues with them fogging, which I think was a fit issue for me. And I've never really been a big fan of the thick foam layer that is on Oakley goggles. Just my preference...I've got multiple pairs of Quik Hubbles and love 'em. They sit closer to my face and the peripheral vision is unreal. The versatility of switching different lenses on Oakleys is a plus though.
Have to agree with this. The Oakley peripheral vision could be better. But I do like the lens choices. I have Airbrakes which are far easier to change than the Crowbars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Burton Cargo 10k/10k and Vent Pants 15k/10k
Bonfire (forgot the name) Jacket 15k/10k

I have yet to have any issues with either brand, plus they were both easy to find for cheap.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Have to agree with this. The Oakley peripheral vision could be better. But I do like the lens choices. I have Airbrakes which are far easier to change than the Crowbars.
Oakley has the best lens optics in the industry, by far.

If you guys are worried about swapping lenses, just do what I do, buy 5 frames and outfit them with 5 different lens colors. Voila!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oakley has the best lens optics in the industry, by far.

If you guys are worried about swapping lenses, just do what I do, buy 5 frames and outfit them with 5 different lens colors. Voila!
Where did you find extra frames? I have multiple A-frame lenses, and have had no luck finding frames from Oakley or ebay.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Big fan of Burton outerwear. Here is my current lineup.

Pants and Jacket:
  • Burton Insulated Poacher Pants & Jacket (for really cold weather)
  • Burton AK 2L Cyclic Pants
  • Holden Denim 10k Pants
  • Rossignol Hornet Pants (not a fan, got a tear on first session)
  • 686 Insulated Mannual Cracked Jacket
Gloves & Mittens:
  • Almost anything Burton and Dakine
Goggles:
  • Dragon (can't remember the model)
  • Von Zipper John Jackson Feenom
Layering:
  • Airblaster Ninja Suit (these things are awesome I love them on cold weather)
  • Sessions tops/bottoms (only thing I will buy from them)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts