Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what my wallet didn't want to hear!

I already have a 1 to 2 week trip planned for Jackson Hole in early to mid March. Perhaps I can cut it short at 1 week and spend 6 days in Japan so my boss doesn't kill me.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 6 days of riding. 3 days at Rusutsu and 3 days at Niseko. They also have an option to take on some backcountry riding to make it 11 days of riding.

Are you saying 6 days of riding isn't enough due to the posisbility of not getting pow or because of the distance being traveled it would be best to stay longer?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Both but you will probably get pow in 6 days. Its just a lot of travel for 6 days and you will be heart broken to leave so soon.
What dates are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I now have a goal for the winter, 2015. Probably cost $4000 then, but this looks awesome!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
From my trip diary
Feb 15 rusutsu -9 40cm new snow
Feb 16 kiroro -9 40cm new snow
Feb 17 sapporo teine -9 30cm new snow
Feb 18 rusutsu -8 no new snow
Feb19 rusutsu -3 5cm new snow
Feb 20 rusutsu -10 30cm new snow
Feb 21 rusutsu -9 30 cm new snow
Feb 22 rusutsu -7 30cm new snow
Feb 23 rusutsu -8 20cm new snow

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I just looked at the package. Its all basic stuff you could easily book yourself. If it saves some money. 2 days in tokyo? Scratch that, spend those days on snow.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From my trip diary
Feb 15 rusutsu -9 40cm new snow
Feb 16 kiroro -9 40cm new snow
Feb 17 sapporo teine -9 30cm new snow
Feb 18 rusutsu -8 no new snow
Feb19 rusutsu -3 5cm new snow
Feb 20 rusutsu -10 30cm new snow
Feb 21 rusutsu -9 30 cm new snow
Feb 22 rusutsu -7 30cm new snow
Feb 23 rusutsu -8 20cm new snow
Damn! :yahoo:

I just looked at the package. Its all basic stuff you could easily book yourself. If it saves some money. 2 days in tokyo? Scratch that, spend those days on snow.
If I'm reading it right, I think the two days in Tokyo are optional. They also have an option of doing a fews backcountry riding aftrer the initial 6 days.

I would more than likely traveling myself with absoltely no Japanese language skills. Would that present a significant problem?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
No japanese is no problem. Just get to chitose airport. Book the "big runs bus" to rusutsu. Ride your ass off for as long as you can and go home a changed man

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The "backcountry" is just asahidake. About 4 hours drive and is a cable car lift half way up the peak of the highest mt in hokkaido at 2291m. Thre are volcanic plumes of gas on the way up. Its pretty cool but not even a consideration on such a short stay like yours.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! I'm not going this year, perhaps next year.

You'll have to update us with a trip report when you return.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Add more days than you can afford and then find the money somehow lol.
Every time I leave japan I want to cry :laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts