Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Paintball goggles

13K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Manicmouse 
#1 ·
i dont know how many, if any, of you guys play paintball. I play on a regular basis and use my paintball goggles when i snowboard. just wondering if anyone else does this? i put this thread in fashion cause i think it looks cool and gives me my own style

See less See more
#18 ·
Bigger doesn't always equate with being able to kick smaller people's asses. Just saying...

On topic: How do the goggles perform fog wise? If it doesn't fog, I can see it being a really good alternative to actual snow goggles because you have a very large field of vision with those. Also protects your face from minor falls no?

#10 ·
Paintball. Ick. Airsoft, ftw! :p

On a few warmer days I've worn (some of) my airsoft loadout on the mountain for something different (see pic below). That said, I think the paitball goggles/mask could be a cool idea. However, I'd have to see a pic of more than just the mask to be certain (post a pic if you have one).

w/German WWII helmet

#12 ·
pic looks like it is b-short of ironmen at sc village or hollywoodsports park in california. I used to work in paintball industry and ocassionally use my cut up events for snowboard goggles. I cut the lower portion off so it is just the lens and straps, they work amazing.

#13 ·
it is bshort. looks like its at sc assuming by the mound of dirt in the background, its probably in the fishbowl.

i also worked in the industry for a while, and have been playing national events (nppl, psp) since 2003. lived in long beach CA my whole life till i moved about 3 months ago

#19 ·
they have an anti fog coating thats probably alot stronger than snowboard goggles because it needs to withstand the oils and crap from paintballs. ive never had my paintball goggles fog up on me. The facemask part works great for blocking spray from the snow machine, and other peoples boards and crap. aswell as if its snowing pretty hard, you wont get snow built up on your face.

#20 ·
Anti fog coating is on the inside of the lens, not outside. Sometimes it is actually burnt into the lens or is in-molded like what Zeal does with theirs.

At any rate, those should be some sick goggles to use for snowboarding. I'm not too sure about the looks though :laugh:

#21 ·
paint gets on the inside too. i think the anti fog coating on the mask is baked on, plus its dual paned to keep the air between the 2 panes balanced. fog is caused when the inside heats up and the cold outside condenses the heat/sweat into steam. dual pane lens stops that from happening. There are lots of different styles of masks though. these are just the ones i have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.