Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends, I am looking at getting a new Park Board within the price ragne of 300$ or less, mostly for doing park laps. 90% of the time im doing park laps at my local hill, 10% shredding all mountain, I want to know what you guys think would be best for my style:

Im 6'2, 160 Lbs
I don't do huge jumps, although i might want to progress into them soon considering i mostly jib and want to mix it up
I want a soft board that can press well, but i want to go fast once and a while too.
I want a board that can destroy any park its in.

I have been looking at the K2 WWW, Rome Artifact Rocker, and i like those but i have heard some reviews that they both get sketchy at high speeds, and washout on big jumps, AKA they only jib (is this true?)

Also the Burton Blunt comes to mind because it is like the Rome Artifact Rocker K2 WWW but its a little better at all mountain, but does this take away from its ability to slay a park?

I dont know if anyone has this board, but the Technine Blunt Board looks sick, and its cheap, but i dont know if its any good at all, i have seen little to no reviews on it anywhere.

Anyone else want to suggest a board/ chime in, it would help me a lot!

Prefer to get a board that is Soft enough to butter and press easily, but still can hold up to a small resort's all mountain and can hit jumps up to 30' without problems. thanks in advanced.

/BY THE WAY - I live on the East Coast, so we get alot of Groomed / Icy Snow all year round, what is a good jibbing board that can handle ice and hardpack well ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
So...after all that I only read "I want a board that can do it all." So get a good all-around board.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your priorities are:

1. Jibbing
2. All mountain riding, w/speed
3. Progressing to bigger jumps

I ride and can highly recommend the Rome Mod Rocker. It might be a bit stiff for what you're looking for but I can press my Mod Rocker well enough. It is mostly a jump board but its made to take on anything in the park, plus it handles very well at speed.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Ride Kink, Signal Park, Flow Verve, K2 Weapon, Echelon Franken/Orion, or a Bataleon Disaster.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...after all that I only read "I want a board that can do it all." So get a good all-around board.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your priorities are:

1. Jibbing
2. All mountain riding, w/speed
3. Progressing to bigger jumps

I ride and can highly recommend the Rome Mod Rocker. It might be a bit stiff for what you're looking for but I can press my Mod Rocker well enough. It is mostly a jump board but its made to take on anything in the park, plus it handles very well at speed.
Yeah i want a board that can do it all, but probably at a 65/35 in favor of a Jibbing board, that gives me a catch free feel and has nice flex. Dont get me wrong i like going fast and hitting jumps, but my hill is pretty small so id rather prioritize a nice jibbing board that will be good for progressing my tricks with forgiving/ catch free feel to it. thanks for the fast response thiough!

·
Banned
257 Posts
rode it

Ride Kink, Signal Park, Flow Verve, K2 Weapon, Echelon Franken/Orion, or a Bataleon Disaster.
i scond the bataleon disaster. its a fun, playful, poppy board with tbt for forggiveness and it butters and it presses, and its super stable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i scond the bataleon disaster. its a fun, playful, poppy board with tbt for forggiveness and it butters and it presses, and its super stable.
Yeah i have looked at that, but its flex rating is a 2/10, which is less than even the K2 WWW (3) and Rome Artifact Rocker (3)

So im kind of skeptical that the Disaster can hold up. am I wrong here?

·
Banned
257 Posts
You are right

Yeah i have looked at that, but its flex rating is a 2/10, which is less than even the K2 WWW (3) and Rome Artifact Rocker (3)

You are right. It can't hold up in pow or high speeds. But in the park it can hold up fine. Only park board

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

Never, ever compare flex ratings across board companies. Hell you shouldn't compare them within one company either. They get them wrong all the time.

Sounds like you need a mid-flex park board.

I didn't have a problem riding fast on a Arbor Westmark or NS Evo. I'm not saying get those boards, but maybe get something similar in flex.

Check out BA's review of Rossignol Rocknrolla.
2014 Rossignol RocknRolla Snowboard Used and Reviewed «
According to he, jibbable, jumpable, speedable, carvable.

And part camber although the camber is small so I'm not sure how it holds up on ice.

·
Banned
257 Posts
sure.

yes, it sounds like you want a park board tht has all mountain capabilities.
Check out the:
Capita Ultrafear
Rossignol JibSaw
DC Mega
DC Ply
Y.E.S. Jackpot
Y.E.S. the greats

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Please ignore DCsnow

65/35 jibbing to all mt, you're going to have to compromise a soft jib board just isn't going to be stable at high speeds, or bigger jumps. If you want to spend time jibbing get a jib board, otherwise consider something in the area of a softer allmt/allmt freestyle board.

·
Banned
257 Posts
damn

Stop giving advice you live in Texas and don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
damn you 50 year old kid. im from seattle. i went to middle school i texas. i go to high school in vancouver. obviously, the cum you spewed from eyeing my girlfriend got stuck in your ear. shut up and kill yourself. your starting to piss the shit out of me.

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
damn you 50 year old kid. im from seattle. i went to middle school i texas. i go to high school in vancouver. obviously, the cum you spewed from eyeing my girlfriend got stuck in your ear. shut up and kill yourself. your starting to piss the shit out of me.
Oh did I hit a nerve little guy? I love how your epic story keeps changing. Like I said before go back out and play in traffic and let the car finish what it started.

To the OP Jdang is right the Rossi RocknRolla will be one of the better options. Or you're going to have to go up to a beefier park stick that can still jib. I would say look at the Rome Shank or the Echelon Killbox.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol this should be good...

OP I haven't ridden a ton of boards but I find the weapon can hold a decent egde.. I rode my brothers 155 a few times and I'm 6'3/200#.. maybe it was because the edge was still new but it held on ice where my rocker/hyrbrid usually slips out.. I like the flat profile

·
Banned
257 Posts
wow

Oh did I hit a nerve little guy? I love how your epic story keeps changing. Like I said before go back out and play in traffic and let the car finish what it started.

To the OP Jdang is right the Rossi RocknRolla will be one of the better options. Or you're going to have to go up to a beefier park stick that can still jib. I would say look at the Rome Shank or the Echelon Killbox.
how has my story changed? it hasnt, because its true. you must be deaf, because you cant read properly.

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
how has my story changed? it hasnt, because its true. you must be deaf, because you cant read properly.
Yes deafness and illiteracy go hand in hand. Once again more of that great teenage logic of yours.

You bounce all over the place with where you life. Just admit you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to gear and should stop giving advice and this forum will be better for it.

Your board recommendations are so scatter brained and indicative of someone that doesn't know how they ride. It also shows that you can't figure out how to recommend a board based on a persons needs.

Now get off your lazy teenage ass, walk out the front door, and jump at the first car that is doing more than 50mph down the street. Be sure to do it sailor dive style and go head first with your arms pulled behind your back.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.