Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I'll be buying a board soon for going to trick parks. Do you guys have any reccomendations on brands and boards? I'm 5'11" and weigh 160lbs. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I'd say anywhere between 153 to 156 if you're looking for a freestyle oriented snowboard. Nitro, Capita, LibTech, Rome, K2, or Ride make pretty good snowboards for the price that you pay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the 2010 skate banana have good flexibilty to jib, but also good enough to hit big jumps? Also how is the nana at carving? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Since your in wisconsin... id say somewhere 150 to 155. if you wanna get serious in the park, size it down. it will make the boad easier to spin and maneuver. you dont really need to worry about getting the speed chatter theres really no where to get going that fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
they say its a do it all board, but its on the softer side. It will be good for jibs and small-medium jumps, not the best for big stuff but if you know what you are doing you should be able to handle it. Its got magnetraction for good edge hold but its soft, so its kinda sloppy at speeds. you really can't have a jib board that does big jumps and carves well at the same time. but it gets the job done. lots of people like it, i think the flex is good but i don't like banana tech as much as the other RC styles. you should probably demo if you have the option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the fast replies. I'll be doing park mostly, but will be going down some hills with friends that dont go to parks. what do u guys think about the evo-r?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the NS evo-r is not a true twin how is it riding switch? Is it good with buttering and decent with big jumps? sorry id just hate to buy the wrong board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
i haven't ridden the evo, but from what i've hard its going to be good on jumps and decent on rails, and i didn't know it wasn't centered, but i know nick visconti used to ride a bataleon fun kink for his urban stuff, and it has some setback, so i wouldn't be too concerned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Im 5' 9" and 160 lbs. I do about 90% park and the other 10% is messing around with friends on blues and the occasional blacks. I ride a Capita Ultrafear 147 and its the perfect size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
Unless I'm reading it wrong, Neversummer themselves say it's a true twin...
{ EVO-R & EVO Mini } Never Summer Boards

From people's reaction on the board, it sounds like the evo is a good park board that you can take outside of it as well (so it should still be good for those blues and blacks you'll occasionally do).
No experience myself though, so take with a grain of salt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Alrite well this is compared to a 155cm 07/08 cambered heritage (directional all mountain board that more geared towards free-ride) vs 151 cm 09/10 Evo-R.

Much easier to ride switch, lots of pop and very easy to butter. (I'd imagine every park board would feel this way compared to the heritage thou).

On faster blues and black it doesn't feel nearly as stable as the heritage. If 10/10s was the fastest I can go on the heritage comfortably and in control, I'd say I could get to 7 or 8/10s with the Evo.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top