Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to park city for 3 days, I mostly freeride don't do any park. Should I stick to park city or go to canyons?

·
Registered
500 Posts
definitely go to canyons. I prefer it to Park City. the only thing PCMR has over canyons is park and pipe. besides that, canyons is better all the way

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
never been to PC but have been at the canyons and the bird.

The canyons has some nice open groomers and it wasnt that packed at all. if ur looking for a little adventure, make sure u hit up the 9990 lift. There are warning signs EVERY WHERE before u hop onto that lift. once ur up there, u can hike up an extra 100ft or so and ride down off-piste. but make sure u have a beacon:rolleyes:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/trip-reports/26304-canyons-death-wish.html

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been to park city before, just never to canyons. I got board after about 2 days at park city. I will probably spend all three days at canyons this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Canyons, UT Ski Vacation Packages

One of the country's five largest, and the region’s largest single ski and snowboard resort, The Canyons bring up unparalleled playland for skiers and riders of all levels, where learners can take their runs in the learning park while the pros thrill to hit some of Utah’s most challenging rails and jumps. Experience the overwhelming mountain fun in a four-season Park City jewel that is just 30 minutes away from Salt Lake City International Airport, providing 8 diverse peaks, with 163 large and equally diverse trails, serving 17 premier lifts, 2 world-class terrain parks and 6 natural half-pipes.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have been to park city before, just never to canyons. I got board after about 2 days at park city. I will probably spend all three days at canyons this time.
You might already know this, but if you're flying in you can trade your boarding pass for a day pass on the day of your flight. I always book an early flight and ride free that first day.

http://www.parkcityinfo.com/quickstart/

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
One of the country's five largest, and the region’s largest single ski and snowboard resort, The Canyons bring up unparalleled playland for skiers and riders of all levels, where learners can take their runs in the learning park while the pros thrill to hit some of Utah’s most challenging rails and jumps. Experience the overwhelming mountain fun in a four-season Park City jewel that is just 30 minutes away from Salt Lake City International Airport, providing 8 diverse peaks, with 163 large and equally diverse trails, serving 17 premier lifts, 2 world-class terrain parks and 6 natural half-pipes.
That doesn't sound at all like ad copy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I couldn't do that this time. We are arriving late and leaving at night on monday so we can ski that day. I wish they did the opposite. If you fly out that night you can ski free that day.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts