Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What part(s) of your kit need(s) improvement, replacement and/or dialing-in?

For myself, the top priority for next season is getting a base grind/structure for 2 of my boards.

Reactions: Manicmouse

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I'm missing a bolt on my Cleaver bindings.

Other than that, everything is perfect. Picked up a Niche Maelstrom on a great deal and between that, my park twins, and powder deck there's nothing missing.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Need to find a well-fitting helmet after the last one split apart from the collision that resulted in a broken wrist. More importantly, I will have to decide whether to remove the metal radius plate from the wrist at some point.

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,120 Posts
Need to find a well-fitting helmet after the last one split apart from the collision that resulted in a broken wrist. More importantly, I will have to decide whether to remove the metal radius plate from the wrist at some point.
Why remove it? The rehab starts again… Does it limit your motion? Maybe we should share X-rays… 😆

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Why remove it? The rehab starts again… Does it limit your motion? Maybe we should share X-rays… 😆
I don't want another lengthy rehab either, but this wrist injury has been a very difficult one. At first, it was deemed no surgery would be necessary. But this resulted in a disastrous malunion that needed reconstructive surgery for the insertion of a radius plate. So the plate is relatively new and still healing, and there is pain and limited range of motion. Hopefully, this is only temporary and I won't have to open it up again. :eek:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Back on topic, writing out the above reminded me that I should get some gauntlet-style mitts or gloves that I can wear over impact wrist guards. Does anyone know how many glove sizes I need to go up to fit over these?

Shoe Material property Font Luggage and bags Electric blue

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had finally found a killer set-up for my needs but next season, if I get to ride at all following the achille's ruptures, I'll need much stiffer boots to provide sufficient support.
Not saying I'm happy about it, considering I won't be able to freestyle pretty much at all but at least I may be able to ride a bit.
It should, hopefully, only be temporary until the rehab is completely done and I'm back at 90-100%...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Back on topic, writing out the above reminded me that I should get some gauntlet-style mitts or gloves that I can wear over impact wrist guards. Does anyone know how many glove sizes I need to go up to fit over these?

View attachment 163270
Btw, unless you have wrist problems, like past surgery or whatever, I strongly advise against those. They will just apply the force with cantilever on your forearm bones, likely breaking your arm more than you would have broken your wirst—they are pretty flexible for a reason! (But again, you might have reasons…).

As for my kit:
  • An helmet strap for my backpack, for the way-up. It's been dangling around for years, it's a disgrace.
  • A new helmet, it's comfy, but shock absorbption might be close to negative now…
  • Maybe some boots. I mean I like my Verse, but they are a bit too large, slightly heavy for the way up and a bit lateraly stiff for the playful day, even loosen up. It feels bad changing something that is "good enough but not perfect", though…
  • More holydays and move back closer to mountains. I mean really, I don't need more gear, I need much more days on the snow.

Everything else, outerwear, boards, bags, bindings… I'm pretty dialed-in. It's almost scary.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Btw, unless you have wrist problems, like past surgery or whatever, I strongly advise against those. They will just apply the force with cantilever on your forearm bones, likely breaking your arm more than you would have broken your wirst—they are pretty flexible for a reason! (But again, you might have reasons…).
Yes, I'm recovering from a difficult broken wrist. What you described is why I want to use the stand-alone Red wrist guards rather than the cheap built-in contraptions. The Reds have effective compression straps and flexible support panels above and under the wrist and aren't too long. I have seen some gloves with 'protectors' made of metal plates... yikes...

·
Registered
218 Posts
My new boots hurt this past season. Three out of my six riding days cut short from foot pain. I've been working on adding ankle hold and heel lift with modifications and walking around in them in the off season so hopefully next year is kinder to my feet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boots: I want to get that princess slipper feel. I have tried sooo many and found something good but not great. I only have to loosen them ever 2-3 runs instead of every run. I'm currently using some Salomon dialogues (i think it's dialogues) with the str8 jkt technology. I picked up a pair of Rome (can't remember the name right now) which fit different but not bad different so I am hoping for a better fit. They are lace ups so hoping I can loosen in bad areas and tighten in others.
Bindings: I want to try a few different types, so far I've tried Now-yes (like the technology but the straps hurt my ankles with how they are angled). I tried some Large Unions last year, but they were too big so didn't give me a good example. Currently using Burton Diodes, super stiff and responsive so I like that aspect. going to try some smaller unions. I've always really liked Ride bindings as they fit my foot well but don't have a line on any right now. Think about trying some Rome Katanas if I can grab some.
Board: last year was the first year that my board really felt comfortable, I was on a Never Summer Proto, super fun. Would like to try some newer profiles and different styles so I know what the feel is like, since I now understand what that feel is (before I didn't know the difference so it didn't matter). I have an orca that I thought was the shit (because it was the first new board i got) but now I'm not so sure if it was just the fact that I had never had a good board before.
Outerwear: switched to bibs this last year and can't love them enough. Got a set of used Trew bibs from someone on here and can't wait to try out the new color!
Snowbike: my husband cannot snowboard or ski due to a disability....so we started ski biking the past few years. Occasionally I will give up a day snowboarding to bike with him. I want to upgrade our bikes so it continues to be something fun that we can do together. The bikes we have now are intro bikes and have served us well but we are getting older (read-->less flexible, easily hurt, etc) and it would be nice to have something with suspension to help with the rough terrain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts