Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at the great bullshit resort known as Snowbird, I got my pass pulled. For how long some may ask they didn't tell me. How can I get it back? They didn't tell me. So you may be wondering, What did I do to deserve this punishment? Well you see as I was riding onto a merging trail I simply yelled "Look out!" To a skier down hill crossing my path not watching uphill. The Patroller said he "say everything" Claiming I shouted 'Get the fuck out of the way' To a twelve year old kid. So I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this great cluster fuck known as Snowbird Ski Patrol

·
Registered
47 Posts
it sucks but here's the skiing and boarding responsibility code:

1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.

my suggestion is to call the resort speak to management and apologize.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good plan. The reason I got it pulled is for yelling, They thought I swore which living in Utah the Mormons hate swearing, I avoided him just fine. I wanted him to be aware of me that is all.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Down hill from you at all, it's your job to get out of his way. Lots of people ride with music nowdays, don't trust that yelling at people will get them to move, you need to be the one to avoid them.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you are are uphill to him you are responsible to avoid him no matter what. Its hard for me to believe they took away your pass for that without a warning. Can you be more descriptive?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was crossing a flat in my path. I was coming down a hill on my way to another part of the resort. I simply yelled "look out" to let him know I was coming down the hill as he was clearly not paying any attention.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
They probably thought you were out of control because you were yelling for someone to watch out. If they are claiming you dropped f bombs then I would argue it NICELY with someone in the resort office.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In all my seasons at snowbird I have never received a warning. When he asked for my pass all I said was before I give it to you can I ask why? I figured if I argued with him he would take it away for longer. All my buddies said it sounded weird too.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You just handed it over to him like a little bitch without saying anything? I dont get it; its suspended or gone for good?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obviously you've never been to Snowbird, The ski patrol there will pull your pass for good for airing off a cat track. It shouldn't be gone for good but what else am I supposed to do? If they want your pass they'll take it and the less of a fight you put up the quicker you get it back. They have to talk to their supervisor to see how long its gone.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Obviously you've never been to Snowbird, The ski patrol there will pull your pass for good for airing off a cat track. It shouldn't be gone for good but what else am I supposed to do? If they want your pass they'll take it and the less of a fight you put up the quicker you get it back. They have to talk to their supervisor to see how long its gone.
Need a go pro or something to film it like the kid at Snowbasin did last year or the year before.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well next time they try to pull my pass I'll defiantly switch the contour on because it was a bunch of shit. Skiers at snowbird hate boarders its just a fact.

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
Pulling a pass (I'm assuming a seasons pass) seems a bit extreme for something that didn't involve a collision or buzzing or overall dangerous behaviour. Even if you had cursed the hell out of the kid, I'd think tossing you for the day would be enough. Lipping off the ski patrol, though....

As a general statement, sometimes when people think they're being wronged they'll get a little, um, exuberant with their protests. Did you compare the ski patrollers to anatomical parts?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I can see a patroller being pissed even at the "look out" comment. The way you described it, that kid had no obligation to "look out." If you had been riding in control, he would not have had to look out for you. You could have easily avoided him and no issue would have been found. I can see a patroller thinking "if that is how this kid operates on the hill, I'm gonna pull his pass."

That being said, I usually look uphill when traversing, even when doing wide carves, but just the simple "look out" comment to a skier downhill of you makes you seem like riff-raff that the ski patrol needs to clean up.

Call management, and they will prob ask you to come in and make sure you understand the rules of riding the trails.

As for the statements of the patroller regarding you swearing, when you go in, just be calm and explain you did not say those things and you would never be disrespectful to someone like that on the hill and you simply wanted to make sure the skier was looking uphill while traversing.

I, like many people, would love to get confrontational in a situation like this but they have the upper hand (your pass) and it is probably better to just bite the bullet, suck some d and say sorry until they give you your pass.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts