Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1461 - 1480 of 1504 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi, Yes, 27.75 does bump you up to size 10 but if your 10.66 cm width is correct this is E width at size 10. In that case the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salon Synapse Wide will be the right choice as they are both designed for E width. The Burton Wide boots are designed for EEE width so those would be two width sizes too large in size 10.

Thanks so much for takin the time to add that review. It is greatly appreciated.

STOKED!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, Yes, 27.75 does bump you up to size 10 but if your 10.66 cm width is correct this is E width at size 10. In that case the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salon Synapse Wide will be the right choice as they are both designed for E width. The Burton Wide boots are designed for EEE width so those would be two width sizes too large in size 10.

Thanks so much for takin the time to add that review. It is greatly appreciated.

STOKED!
Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to cancel that order. So will it matter if I have cartel bindings with these boots, I don't imagine they would but I just want to confirm? Would these work? Dialogue focus instead of the original.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Yes, that is the correct boot.
Looks like i'm in business boss! The ones from this year with that green bottom were not doing it for me lol so thank god I found these from last season. They're cheaper, look better, and only available in the size I needed. Must be my day. Thank you again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

The link above is http://salomon%20dialogue%20focus%20boa%20wide%20snowboard%20boots%202020/ which is not resolving to an actual site. The name is correct but make sure you are looking at the Dialogue in Wide.
Sorry. This is the boot link correctly. Looks like I got the last one lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Wiredsport Hi, I'd like your opinion on what boots would be good for me. I measured my feet as instructed in this thread, and here are my measurements:

Left foot: length - 24.2 cm, width - 9.1 cm
Right foot: length - 24.7 cm, width - 9.7 cm

I had been using Burton Rulers Wide size 7.0, but after awhile I started banging my left big toe, and it turned black. Not fun. I'm thinking new boots are the only way to fix this? Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi Hoven,

There are a few issues. 24.2 cm is Mondopoint 245 or size 6.5 in snowboard boots. The range for Mondopoint 265 is 24.1 to 245.5 so you are at the smaller sized of the range for that foot. That foot is also a standard D width (Not wide). Your right foot is mid range for Mondopoint 250 which is size 7 ad it is E width.

The Burton Rulers are EEE width so the are three width sizes too wide for you one foot and two width sizes too wide for the other.

This is a lot of extra room which is the most common cause of bruised toes / toenails.

There is not going to be a prefect match for your feet because of the size/width discrepancy but the Salomon Dialogue Wide (which is E width) will be a positive step. That will be the ideal fit for your right foot and 2 width sizes improved for your left.

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i picked up some K2 Maysis Wide boots, and have challenges with getting them tight. The front boa tightens the entire boot, while the side boa tightens a plastic insert for heel lock. Having wide feet, it seems that in order to get the top of the boot tight, the bottom of the boot gets very tight as well. I got them heat molded on the last day but didn't get much chance to test. A heads up for anyone looking at this boot.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i picked up some K2 Maysis Wide boots, and have challenges with getting them tight. The front boa tightens the entire boot, while the side boa tightens a plastic insert for heel lock. Having wide feet, it seems that in order to get the top of the boot tight, the bottom of the boot gets very tight as well. I got them heat molded on the last day but didn't get much chance to test. A heads up for anyone looking at this boot.
Yeah, single zone boa is hard to get the fit dialed in. I've gone back to laces because it's so much easier to get the tightness dialed where you want it.

You can build up the liner where you want the boot to be tighter with some adhesive foam. I'd slowly build layers of foam up until the top gets as tight as you want and the bottom loosens up a little. Angry's bootfit 101 is a great resource. Look into wraps and tongue shims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Wiredsport I have a 10.25" long foot, 4.5" wide, which according to a few charts online puts me at a 6E. I noticed in some of wired's older posts that he uses a different chart, which would put me just above a 3E. Wired - where did you get your chart, and why is it different than most charts online?

I've tried the step on photon wide in 9, 9.5, and had 9/10 (felt almost as bad as having kidney stones) mind numbing foot pain. I've also tried the red superfeet with these boots. I'm not sure what to do from here.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,477
Thirtytwo is going to sale a wide model next year. Hopefully it will be a high end one like a TM-3 EEE wide
This is awesome news! I’ve always wanted to try 32 but they have never been comfortable for me.

Also, I want to send a quick thank you to @Wiredsport for being such an awesome resource and handling the recent criticisms with the utmost class.

It’s great to see everyone getting into more properly fitting gear, especially boots, to help make riding more enjoyable and to continue advancing the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, @Wiredsport - Just been measuring up for my first set of boots. Using the measuring methods you've posted before I come in at - 28.5cm length and 10.8 Width, where does this put me? Looking at one of the charts it seems like I need an E boot?

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi all, @Wiredsport - Just been measuring up for my first set of boots. Using the measuring methods you've posted before I come in at - 28.5cm length and 10.8 Width, where does this put me? Looking at one of the charts it seems like I need an E boot?
Hi Adam,

Yes. 28.5 is Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. 10.8 cm is an E width at this size. The Salomon Dialogue Wide and Synapse Wide are both produced for E width. I would suggest either of those boots in size 10.5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Adam,

Yes. 28.5 is Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. 10.8 cm is an E width at this size. The Salomon Dialogue Wide and Synapse Wide are both produced for E width. I would suggest either of those boots in size 10.5.
Much appreciated! the Salamon Hi-Fi seem to also come in Wide but don't get mentioned much, do you know much about them?

1461 - 1480 of 1504 Posts