Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 1506 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
@Wiredsport I have a 10.25" long foot, 4.5" wide, which according to a few charts online puts me at a 6E. I noticed in some of wired's older posts that he uses a different chart, which would put me just above a 3E. Wired - where did you get your chart, and why is it different than most charts online?

I've tried the step on photon wide in 9, 9.5, and had 9/10 (felt almost as bad as having kidney stones) mind numbing foot pain. I've also tried the red superfeet with these boots. I'm not sure what to do from here.
Sorry I missed this one!

10.25 inches is 26 cm. 26 cm is Mondopoint 260 or size 8 US in snowboard boots. 4.5 inches wide is EEEE width which is a very wide. Please posts images of all 4 of your barefoot measurements being taken.

We only use only one chart for width:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I missed this one!

10.25 inches is 26 cm. 26 cm is Mondopoint 260 or size 8 US in snowboard boots. 4.5 inches wide is EEEE width which is a very wide. Please posts images of all 4 of your barefoot measurements being taken.

We only use only one chart for width:

Hi @Wiredsport

I've attached the photos here, a bit narrower than I first measured but I wonder if my right instep is causing my outer right foot to go even further out with respect to my ankle, causing pain. Broken ankle years ago doesn't exactly help either.

Yay more gross feet photos:

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Please remeasure with the inside of your foot against the wall. A straight, vertical wall is needed.

For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had boot issues my whole life and recently discovered it is probably because my feet are wide. I ordered a pair of 10.5W Burton Photon Step on boots and the pain was unbelievable, which is how I ended up here. I took some pictures of both feet. Can someone help me select the correct fitting boot. I am not afraid to spend some bucks to have the pain go away. Thanks in advance.
2F9C5B4A-F07A-4E1B-85EF-9CA9E547222F.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I have had boot issues my whole life and recently discovered it is probably because my feet are wide. I ordered a pair of 10.5W Burton Photon Step on boots and the pain was unbelievable, which is how I ended up here. I took some pictures of both feet. Can someone help me select the correct fitting boot. I am not afraid to spend some bucks to have the pain go away. Thanks in advance. View attachment 156445 View attachment 156446
View attachment 156447
View attachment 156449
Proof that I am getting old. I can't read those measurements. Please let me know what you see.

STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha. Sorry about that. Here are some zoomed in pics. What i see is 270mm length and 109-110 width for right foot. 264mm length and 108mm width on left foot. My right foot is the one that camps and hurts the worst.

Right Foot:

Left foot:

Don’t look too close. Zoomed in pics of feet aren’t the most appealing things in the world.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I’ve had problems with my current Burton Invader boots. My feet starts to hurt really quickly, and the pain starts from my arch and continues till I can’t feel my middle toes. I have flat arch and I am thinking if it is part of the problem.

I also realized that I have too big boots. My current boots are EU 46 but my mondo is 292mm.
I went and tried different boots sized 44.5, and those felt better. Burton Photons felt best, but like others, those were little bit tight from arch area. I think that I have normal width feet (103 mm), but flat arch makes it little bit wider in that area.

Will it make any difference if I buy Burton Photon Wides instead, or is the width only increased in toe box area? Salesperson adviced to buy normal ones and replace the soles with customized ones where the arch support is lower.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please remeasure with the inside of your foot against the wall. A straight, vertical wall is needed.

For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.
Hi @Wiredsport let me know if these work. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Nike Zoom Force 1 - size 10
Hi,

27.0 cm is Mondopoint 270 or size 9 US in snowboard boots. 11.0 cm is an EEE width. I would strongly suggest the Burton Ruler Wide Burton Photon Wide in size 9. This will solve your issues.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hello,

I’ve had problems with my current Burton Invader boots. My feet starts to hurt really quickly, and the pain starts from my arch and continues till I can’t feel my middle toes. I have flat arch and I am thinking if it is part of the problem.

I also realized that I have too big boots. My current boots are EU 46 but my mondo is 292mm.
I went and tried different boots sized 44.5, and those felt better. Burton Photons felt best, but like others, those were little bit tight from arch area. I think that I have normal width feet (103 mm), but flat arch makes it little bit wider in that area.

Will it make any difference if I buy Burton Photon Wides instead, or is the width only increased in toe box area? Salesperson adviced to buy normal ones and replace the soles with customized ones where the arch support is lower.

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

Please do not rely on euro sizes for snowboard boots.. Those conversions are often incorrect. What is the Mondo/JP/cm size on your boot labels? 295?

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hi @Wiredsport let me know if these work. Thanks!
You will want a size 8.5 US in the Burton Ruler Wide or Burton Photon Wide. With a heat fit and thin snowboarding socks you will find a good fit.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Please do not rely on euro sizes for snowboard boots.. Those conversions are often incorrect. What is the Mondo/JP/cm size on your boot labels? 295?

STOKED!
I see. Those sizes on the label are different than Burton uses today, US 12 UK 11 EUR 46.. Unfortunately there is no Mondo size written in the label and I couldn’t find any information from online since these are really old boots.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Yes, the JPN # is Mondo (JP/CM and Mondo are all the foot measurement in cm/mm).

Your boots are Mondo 300. 292 is on the smaller side of the range for Mondo 295. You will want a standard width boot in Mondo 295 (11.5 US). 300 is too large and your boots at 44.5 Euro were almost certainly 290 or smaller which is too small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the JPN # is Mondo (JP/CM and Mondo are all the foot measurement in cm/mm).

Your boots are Mondo 300. 292 is on the smaller side of the range for Mondo 295. You will want a standard width boot in Mondo 295 (11.5 US). 300 is too large and your boots at 44.5 Euro were almost certainly 290 or smaller which is too small.

Thank you! Salesperson confirmed that those boots I tried were mondo 295 mm. Lenght was ok, but there were some hotspots on arch area.

I triple measured my feet and came to a conclusion that my left foot mondo is 289 mm and right 291 mm or very close to 290 mm. Therefore I think that 290 mm (US 11) could be the right ones. If there’s problems with the arch pain, I think I’ll try different soles.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Thank you! Salesperson confirmed that those boots I tried were mondo 295 mm. Lenght was ok, but there were some hotspots on arch area.

I triple measured my feet and came to a conclusion that my left foot mondo is 289 mm and right 291 mm or very close to 290 mm. Therefore I think that 290 mm (US 11) could be the right ones. If there’s problems with the arch pain, I think I’ll try different soles.
You should post images of your 4 barefoot measurements being taken. 291 is Mondo 295. The range for each size is very small (only 5 mm and each mm matters). You had written about step ons. Are the boots that you are trying step ons?

1481 - 1500 of 1506 Posts