Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1601 - 1620 of 1643 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just wanted to thank @Wiredsport, I went with Size 10 Burton Photon Wide and they fit better than any other boot I've had. And the footprint is tiny compared to my K2 Maysis Wide. Need it to snow now really bad, already staged my bindings on my boards, everything just fits way better now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It really kind of sucks the only options for someone with EEE feet are either jello Burton Rulers or $399 Burton Photons. They are both great boots but there needs to be more options. I'm really sure a lot of people have wide feet, but they put on snowboard boots, feel them tight on the sides, and think they are the right fit, even if there's a ton of room left in the toes.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,604 ·
It really kind of sucks the only options for someone with EEE feet are either jello Burton Rulers or $399 Burton Photons. They are both great boots but there needs to be more options. I'm really sure a lot of people have wide feet, but they put on snowboard boots, feel them tight on the sides, and think they are the right fit, even if there's a ton of room left in the toes.
Have you tried Adidas yet? If not, I would recommend trying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
I need them really wide, EEE. I had Maysis Wide which were either E or EE size 11.5 and these size 10 EEE boots fit better both width and length. I think they were just E, because size 10 EEE is about the width of size 11.5 E.

I started out in craigslist size 13 normal width boots because they fit my width-wise and I didn't care about length. I ended up in 10 EEE. That's a huge game changer for me. I haven't used them yet but wearing them around the house I can tell it's going to be vastly different.

A manufacturer really needs to spend the resources to teach their merchants how to properly measure feet so there's more demand for wide boots. I know they are out there, looking at this thread you can see all the people who get boots too big for the width instead of boots that are wide that properly fit. And it's because the big sites online don't have anything to help you figure out what size you need, and the stores I've been to are pretty knowledgeable but nothing like some of the people in these threads.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They do Ion wides this year.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,608 ·
I need them really wide, EEE. I had Maysis Wide which were either E or EE size 11.5 and these size 10 EEE boots fit better both width and length. I think they were just E, because size 10 EEE is about the width of size 11.5 E.

I started out in craigslist size 13 normal width boots because they fit my width-wise and I didn't care about length. I ended up in 10 EEE. That's a huge game changer for me. I haven't used them yet but wearing them around the house I can tell it's going to be vastly different.

A manufacturer really needs to spend the resources to teach their merchants how to properly measure feet so there's more demand for wide boots. I know they are out there, looking at this thread you can see all the people who get boots too big for the width instead of boots that are wide that properly fit. And it's because the big sites online don't have anything to help you figure out what size you need, and the stores I've been to are pretty knowledgeable but nothing like some of the people in these threads.
I tried the Burton Ion wide and the Adidas Acerra. Both felt like the exact same width to me. I would try Adidas as well, even though they aren’t marketed as a wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Still wondering if all the Nitro boots have the same fit? Love the fit of the ventures, but would prefer something stiffer.

Anyone?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Guess I'll find out, found some cheap Teams, so pulled the trigger.

Hopefully will have the chance to try on some Adidas soon.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi folks! I hope my post fits into this thread. I'm having boot problems like most of you here.
First of all some data. My feet are 30.5 cm mondo (both), my left foot is 11.3 cm wide and my right is 11.4 cm wide. This puts me in a 12.5 and E widht if I'm not mistaken?
I live in a small EU country and I'm quite limited as to where I can buy boots with trying them on. Basically there are 0 wide boots available in our phisical stores so I am left with single option to order them online and from another country.
Past season I tested two boots - Burton Ruler Boa size 13 which I hated and Burton SLX size 13 which I loved. Rulers gave me horrible pain in my right foot and numbing toes. SLX were much better but every day I used them after a few hours my toes on my right foot started numbing again and again.
I know Burton size 13 is 31 cm mondo and that is to large for my feet. I can feel the end of the boot with my toes and I'm guessing that is because they are to narrow and consequently my feet take up that space in front.
So my question is which boots would be the right fit for me?
The following models and sizes are available to me from online stores:
Burton Photon Wide size 12 (30 mondo) or 13 (31 mondo)
Ride Lasso Pro Wide size 12 (30 mondo) or 13 (31 mondo)
Salomon Dialogue dual boa Wide size 12.5 (30.5 mondo)

From what I've read here already it seems that Salomons are the right way to go for me. Am I correct? Would it be possible to go for the Rides or Burtons and fit into a smaller mondo? What are the footprints like on Salomon and Ride boots? I am also looking to get the smallest footprint possible to minimise boot overhang. Perhaps @Wiredsport could chip in here?

Thank you all in advance guys. I really really appreciate your help!

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Hi folks! I hope my post fits into this thread. I'm having boot problems like most of you here.
First of all some data. My feet are 30.5 cm mondo (both), my left foot is 11.3 cm wide and my right is 11.4 cm wide. This puts me in a 12.5 and E widht if I'm not mistaken?
I live in a small EU country and I'm quite limited as to where I can buy boots with trying them on. Basically there are 0 wide boots available in our phisical stores so I am left with single option to order them online and from another country.
Past season I tested two boots - Burton Ruler Boa size 13 which I hated and Burton SLX size 13 which I loved. Rulers gave me horrible pain in my right foot and numbing toes. SLX were much better but every day I used them after a few hours my toes on my right foot started numbing again and again.
I know Burton size 13 is 31 cm mondo and that is to large for my feet. I can feel the end of the boot with my toes and I'm guessing that is because they are to narrow and consequently my feet take up that space in front.
So my question is which boots would be the right fit for me?
The following models and sizes are available to me from online stores:
Burton Photon Wide size 12 (30 mondo) or 13 (31 mondo)
Ride Lasso Pro Wide size 12 (30 mondo) or 13 (31 mondo)
Salomon Dialogue dual boa Wide size 12.5 (30.5 mondo)

From what I've read here already it seems that Salomons are the right way to go for me. Am I correct? Would it be possible to go for the Rides or Burtons and fit into a smaller mondo? What are the footprints like on Salomon and Ride boots? I am also looking to get the smallest footprint possible to minimise boot overhang. Perhaps @Wiredsport could chip in here?

Thank you all in advance guys. I really really appreciate your help!
Hi OneRound,

Please post up images of your barefoot measurements being take so we can confirm. That will be the best place to start.

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Hi OneRound,

Your length is indeed Mondo 30.5 or size 12.5 US in snowboard boots. For width I am seeing 11.45 on one foot and 11.5 on the other. For the left foot measurement your foot is reversed. We want the Medial side (inside) against the wall with the ankle bone and the wide point of the forefoot touching the wall. Could you take that one again. I ask because 11.4 and 11.5 are the break point between E and EE.

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi OneRound,

Your length is indeed Mondo 30.5 or size 12.5 US in snowboard boots. For width I am seeing 11.45 on one foot and 11.5 on the other. For the left foot measurement your foot is reversed. We want the Medial side (inside) against the wall with the ankle bone and the wide point of the forefoot touching the wall. Could you take that one again. I ask because 11.4 and 11.5 are the break point between E and EE.

STOKED!
Hi @Wiredsport !

Just to be completely sure I measured both feet again with same conditions. I made sure my ankle bone and wide point were touching the wall.
Leg Wood Gesture Window Finger
Leg Wood Flooring Floor Finger

My left foot is a bit narrower and I can feel than inside my boots. Thank you so much for your help!

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got it. I appreciate your doing that. You are an E width. This boot will be an excellent fit: Salomon Dialogue dual boa Wide size 12.5 (30.5 mondo).

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

Wiredsport is rated "Great" with 4.2 / 5 on Trustpilot
Thank you so much! I already posted a positive review but you deserve a thousand more ;)

I have one more burning question regarding footprints on these boots.
Will Salomon Dialogue Wide 30.5 have roughly the same footprint as my Burton SLX 31 or will it be bigger/smaller?
Also how wide are Ride Lasso Pro wide - are they E, EE or EEE?
Also what width are my Burton SLX? I read somewhere online they should cover both D and E width and thats why I bought them.
And last thing. Would I be able to fit into any boot with 30 mondo and have it heatmolded?

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Hi,
Ride doe not provide a width for the Lasso Wide and as this is a newer boot we do not have enough info to know its width and how this may vary across the size range. I cannot provide the specific comparison measurements between those two models/sizes but I can say that Salomon does well in keeping a nicely reduced footprint. Your SLX are D width. Mondo 30 would not be suggested. The range for any Mondo size is only .5 mm. Heat-molding should be done first thing always, always, always :)

STOKED!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Ride doe not provide a width for the Lasso Wide and as this is a newer boot we do not have enough info to know its width and how this may vary across the size range. I cannot provide the specific comparison measurements between those two models/sizes but I can say that Salomon does well in keeping a nicely reduced footprint. Your SLX are D width. Mondo 30 would not be suggested. The range for any Mondo size is only .5 mm. Heat-molding should be done first thing always, always, always :)

STOKED!
Ok now I have all the info I needed :) Will order Salomons then and heat mold them. Did I say thank you yet? :) :) Really THANK YOU! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went all Adidas. Have a pair of Tacticals ADV and got a new pair of Acerras last season. After some bootfiting they are sweet.
Have almost identical as you, 264mm/267mm and 107mm/108mm but have skinny ankles and heels. Bunions on both feet and sides.
Excited to see new options this year. After three seasons on Burton Ruler Wide - I went with the adidas Acerras. I am 264 with 108 width and went with size 81/2.

Thanks to @Wiredsport who first put me on the right pair of boots about 4 yrs ago and everyone who participates in the forum.

1601 - 1620 of 1643 Posts