Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1621 - 1640 of 1643 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,621 ·
Excited to see new options this year. After three seasons on Burton Ruler Wide - I went with the adidas Acerras. I am 264 with 108 width and went with size 81/2.

Thanks to @Wiredsport who first put me on the right pair of boots about 4 yrs ago and everyone who participates in the forum.
That’s awesome! I fell in love with those boots also after trying them on. We’ll see how they perform on snow, and after a few hours in them, but so far they feel amazing!

So awesome to see everyone being able to enjoy the sport even more with properly fitting boots! Really happy more options have been available to us as well. Hopefully the trend continues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Adam,

Yes. 28.5 is Mondopoint 285 or size 10.5 US in snowboard boots. 10.8 cm is an E width at this size. The Salomon Dialogue Wide and Synapse Wide are both produced for E width. I would suggest either of those boots in size 10.5.
Long delay on buying these, but finally looking to do it. Quick question, Salomon's own size chart suggests I order 11US, should I ignore this and just go for the 10.5US? (im from the UK btw so for me this translates to UK 9.5 and UK 10)

Thanks!
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

Women's boots are designed around a B width vs D width for Standard men's. In some instances women's boots also have lower cuffs and narrower cuffs. Of course, women's feet vary as much as men's so these differences can work against many female riders. The Ruler Wide has a very neutral cuff height and cuff volume which makes it a great choice for females with wider feet.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

HI @Wiredsport,

Following up on the above, we're going ahead with the purchase but I do have a coupe of quick questions.

• My wife ABSOLUTELY wants the boa system. Ruler Boa Wides are not available in her size. Would you say the Photon BOA has the same neutral Cuff Height and volume?
  • Should I get her men's bindings (knowing the highback height might be an issue?) or women's bindings (knowing the baseplate width might be an issue?)?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, and two BOA Options for Women!
Thanks! I’ve looked at the Burton options and they won’t work for us (largest is 8, my wife is 8.5) and they’re currently pretty much out of stock so I guess it’s a step in the right direction!

when you say yes, do you mean yes to the cuff height of Photon vs ruler? Or to men’s bindings? Or both? A specific binding model for which the highback would work for women that you’re aware of?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't quote me but I'm sure I remember Wired saying that this is the case with Step on wides but the standard wides have have a wide specific shell and a normal thickness liner.
Yep, after some research; Women’s Wide and Photon Wides (both Step On and regulars) share the same shell as the normal width boots and have a liner from which burton has replaced the foam on the side of the boot with a piece of neoprene. This makes thins the liner at the sides making the boot feel slightly wider. On the other end, it adds extra stitching, most likely contributing to the pressure points some describe in the wide boots.

The other men’s wides (Ion, Ruler, etc) are made on wide lasts and thus have a wider boot shell.

Bottom line is, if you have a very wide foot, don’t go for photons…!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, after some research; Women’s Wide and Photon Wides (both Step On and regulars) share the same shell as the normal width boots and have a liner from which burton has replaced the foam on the side of the boot with a piece of neoprene. This makes thins the liner at the sides making the boot feel slightly wider. On the other end, it adds extra stitching, most likely contributing to the pressure points some describe in the wide boots.

The other men’s wides (Ion, Ruler, etc) are made on wide lasts and thus have a wider boot shell.

Bottom line is, if you have a very wide foot, don’t go for photons…!
Nice! Where did you find this information? Unfortunately I got the Photons which I can't recommend.. But at least now I know the ions are the way to go...

They redesigned the Photon this year, do you think they still don't have a wide last with the new model?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Didn't realize Ride made a wide boot. Bought a pair for my son that I want to steal.
Yes the Ride lasso pro! I am really interested to get some information about that since it's not available anywhere in Europe. Are they a true wide fit or just a thinner liner at the toes? How do they compare flex wise to the ions?

Would be really nice if other companies started to make stiffer boots available with a wide last!! K2 Thraxis wide or ride trident wide would be the perfect boot!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yes the Ride lasso pro! I am really interested to get some information about that since it's not available anywhere in Europe. Are they a true wide fit or just a thinner liner at the toes? How do they compare flex wise to the ions?

Would be really nice if other companies started to make stiffer boots available with a wide last!! K2 Thraxis wide or ride trident wide would be the perfect boot!!
I don't have any idea as to the answer to either question unfortunately. Sorry

1621 - 1640 of 1643 Posts