Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, next to my boots, snowboard and bindings, pants are probably the one thing I consider a priority. I'm having trouble finding a new pair and need recommendations.

I was riding the 32 Blahzays and liked them a lot, but they are entering their 4th season and getting too ragged for my liking. They're heavy too (which I think is a result of of the pseudo-cloth-denim-like material the outer layer is made up of).

I'm 5'10", about 175. I'd ideally like a lighter pant, not too much insulation - this is probably the big selling point for me. I like a mid-fit, slightly baggy. Black color. 10k/10k or 15k/10k. I'm riding 90% northeast.

I went to my local shop yesterday and tried on the Volcom Nimbus and a Ripzone pant (can't remember the model) - I wasn't liking either.

What are you guys wearing? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Look at Dakine, they might have something you like. I have the Endor pants, haven't gotten to try them out yet, but they seem to be good quality. Fit is perfect for me but I'm skinny. Definitely enough room to put sweats under them though.

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
the lightest and most waterproof option is any 3l goretex shell or equivalent. it will cost 2-3 times as much but also last 2-3 times as long.

if you get a 3l goretex anything make sure it has no mesh liner of any sort. they're pointless and just make shit heavier. most snowboarding companies haven't learned this yet.

look for stuff from HomeSchool, Trew, Burton AK, Volcom if it has to be a 'snowboarding company', look at nothing but Arc'Teryx if you want the absolute best IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts