Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo.

Just a quick one, I was wondering if anyone knew on the best way to get into driving a groomer? Is there courses/training you can do? or is it simply just making buddies with the guys who do it?

Cheerrrrrrsss

·
Registered
132 Posts
Unless you have a history of operating heavy machinery, your fucked.

Calling it a piste in the US wont help either. You have thought this through right, those mofos work all night long, never get to socialize and manage a few hours a day to ride provided they are not too tired. Oh and they don't get paid jack.

I've met some pretty rad groomer drivers, they are definitely a different breed to me. Theres a smoking chick who drives at the beav, we got a short ride up the hill with her a couple of years back.

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Huh? what'd i do?
There's an old joke involving a balloon and the Micro$oft campus, and the point is that Microsoft's documentation is literally true but totally shit-useless.

Kind of like this:

Q: How can I make a living driving a grooming cat?
A: Get a job driving a grooming cat.

·
Registered
562 Posts
This was something I've thought about since I've operated a bit of machinery and I'm really good at it.

Really, it's not that good of a job like others have said. I know Cypress here starts their guys at less than a labourer makes doing construction. You could have a non-snowboarding related job doing something not quite as cool and make two to three times as much money and still be able to ride. Resort jobs generally seem to pay peanuts from what I've seen/heard.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Due to how much our local cat drivers suck at making jumps I have seriously looked into sending myself to Cutters Camp. Then work a couple times a week maintaining the ramps. I also have my class A CDL and drive a forklift for a living so I have a head start. It's just too much money and time for me to spend on something like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts