Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two destinations in mind are either Jay peak Or Killington.

I heard both are great but I'm more of an off piste kinda guy that spends most of my time in the glades.

Whats better for this?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You heard right. Having done both, I highly recommend both of them. If there is one quantifiable difference, Killington is bigger than Jay, therefore more acreage, more variety.

Other than that, pick one and enjoy. They are both outstanding!!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always thought Killington was overpriced & overrated. However, as previously mentioned it has the most terrain. With that being said, I'd go Jay Peak.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Both are definitly worth visiting. But, Killington is much bigger with 900ft more vert than Jay. However, Jay gets on average 100 more inches of snow than Killington per season.

I've only been to Killington once and was kind of m'eh about the whole experience. I've never been to Jay myself but everyone always raves about Jay's glades.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I've been to both a few times, though to be fair I usually go to Killington only in the early season and have never done their glades, but for what you describe I would pick Jay Peak over Killington. Jay gets significantly more snow and is really known for quality glades. Also, while Killington has more acreage, Jay has a more liberal boundary policy I believe. Further, despite the listed vertical, most of that cannot be continuously ridden at Killington. For reference, Mountain Vertical lists Jay as 1936 ft. and Killington as just 1645 ft.

Unless you want to mix in some park or pipe with your trip, I would just opt for Jay.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I'm defiantly leaning more to jay peak. Not only is it cheaper, it also gets a lot more snow. The only problem is that its a 9hr drive vs 5 1/2 for killington but I'm sure its worth it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea, the drive is a bit further. The snow is worth it though. Not sure if you picked a date range yet, since Jay can get pretty intensely cold - but that's when the snow is killer! Have fun man.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
On a good snow day Jay can't be beat :)

If it is a normal day I'd just go to killington and mess around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts