Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all.
I need a little help in the determination of the appropriate board size.
I started learning snowboarding 2 years ago on 156 2009 burton joystick wide
fund board and all but it was a little unstable at speeds.

I am 6'2" 180 lb -without any clothing 13 boot size .
I progressed fairly fast on this board and
Next year I got 2012 Burton Custom Flying V 162 wide. Cartel bindings. Burton Hail Boots. This board felt difficult to spin and maneuver but very stable and grippy on hard pack. Well I understand that it is due to size and shape increase I feel the difference.
My questions to the community are following:
:question::question:
1) Should I get 158 wide same board with my specs to get more of an all mountain feel from it because right now it fells more like a free ride board due to it's weight and size? or keep 162 wide and learn some tricks and ollies on it.
2) Should I get a stiffer boot with this setup?
3) Is 2012 model will feel any different then 2013 model custom flying v same size?

Any input is greatly appreciated
Thank you all

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I vote you keep your 62 and if you want to have something more maneuverable get something else, not just smaller.

If you wanna stick with Burton, Process Camber. If you aren't in a long term relationship with B: K2 Turbo Dream, Salomon Time Machine, Flow Era, Nitro Blacklight Gullwing, Yes Greats/Asym, or a Rossi Jibsaw.

·
Registered
751 Posts
With only two years of riding under your belt I think you should learn to ride your 162. Its not you have crap equipment. Or help the snowboard economy and buy a new board

1 - 3 of 3 Posts