Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fuckers, gotta start the season out right by bragging, right? Earliest turns, let alone POW turns ever, Sept 20. Hope everyone has an epic season, cause I'm looking forward to another epic winter at Bachy. Come visit, last years meet-ups were rad, Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Man I love/ hate you Bach posters lol. Super jelly to the max right now :(. Cos that sure looks like heaven haha. Meanwhile the weather here keeps switching from 20-30 deg celcius to single digits almost every week.

Can't make it there this winter, but hoping that the pow gods continue to be generous there next winter, which is when my crew and I are hoping to hit up Bach.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey fuckers, gotta start the season out right by bragging, right? Earliest turns, let alone POW turns ever, Sept 20. Hope everyone has an epic season, cause I'm looking forward to another epic winter at Bachy. Come visit, last years meet-ups were rad, Cheers
Man I'm not jealous over here at all :embarrased1:

I have seen a handful of videos coming of ppl getting good turns in higher up. Is anybody up for a tour up Muir Snowfield weather permitting? I'd need to drive over from Leavenworth

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Man I'm not jealous over here at all :embarrased1:

I have seen a handful of videos coming of ppl getting good turns in higher up. Is anybody up for a tour up Muir Snowfield weather permitting? I'd need to drive over from Leavenworth
Leavenworth, what a cool little town....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Leavenworth, what a cool little town....
It's a great little place except for 2 months out of the year. Right now and December! The amount of tourists during October and December are a real buzzkill but outside of those 2 months it's a treat living here

·
Registered
90 Posts
spend your days down icicle :grin:
Haha great local spot! Unfortunately I think Icicle Rd is getting taken over by tourists as well :dry:

I tend to stay in the Valley Hi area during Oktoberfest and T/G Stevens usually is open by December. Then you just gotta remember to take Chumstick Hwy and skip an hour long traffic jam lol smh! :tantrum:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bachelor has 10" on the snow stake.
I am really intrigued by Bachelor and want to get down there someday. I've heard some ppl say that there are not much for steeps there, is this the case?

It looks like heaven on a pow day in the videos I have seen above treeline

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am really intrigued by Bachelor and want to get down there someday. I've heard some ppl say that there are not much for steeps there, is this the case?

It looks like heaven on a pow day in the videos I have seen above treeline
Yeah you don't really come to ride steeps at bachy. It's more for the pow surfing and wind shaped natural features all over the mountain.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm living up in Bellingham this year, super excited for winter! I'm undecided about getting a Stevens Season pass or one for Baker due to cost difference (college student pass).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah you don't really come to ride steeps at bachy. It's more for the pow surfing and wind shaped natural features all over the mountain.
That seemed to be the case but that sounds hella fun to me! Need to make a trip down there

I'm living up in Bellingham this year, super excited for winter! I'm undecided about getting a Stevens Season pass or one for Baker due to cost difference (college student pass).

I ride Stevens but consider this.. last season snow totals

Stevens: 439"

Baker: 866"

If the driving distance isn't a big difference for you I would choose Baker

·
Registered
266 Posts
That seemed to be the case but that sounds hella fun to me! Need to make a trip down there

I ride Stevens but consider this.. last season snow totals

Stevens: 439"

Baker: 866"

If the driving distance isn't a big difference for you I would choose Baker
Well yeah that's true. But $300 difference for a season pass with more time to ride (night stuff) at Stevens is tempting. It's a 30 or 45 minute difference of driving (longer to stevens). I've never snowboarded baker or stevens

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well yeah that's true. But $300 difference for a season pass with more time to ride (night stuff) at Stevens is tempting. It's a 30 or 45 minute difference of driving (longer to stevens). I've never snowboarded baker or stevens

That is a big price difference. Will you be a weekend warrior or a weekday guy?

I love Stevens but it also is a complete mess on the weekends with WAY too many ppl there.. I hear Baker is crowded on the weekends too but I've never ridden there to know.

If Baker is closer I would go there if I were you but that's just my opinion. They had something like 59 days with more than 5" new last season.

Also, if you're a backcountry guy both places have access but the arm at Baker looks awesome. Plus you're opened up to everything else from Artist Point.

The only way I'd choose Stevens if I were you is if you'll be riding during the week a lot. But that would also make Baker epic as well lmao! Just go Baker man.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 286 Posts