Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Pnw 17/18

18661 Views 285 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  JohnnyKruick
Hey fuckers, gotta start the season out right by bragging, right? Earliest turns, let alone POW turns ever, Sept 20. Hope everyone has an epic season, cause I'm looking forward to another epic winter at Bachy. Come visit, last years meet-ups were rad, Cheers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Classic Meadows BS...opening this weekend only then not until Friday after thanksgiving. IDK what kind of BS this is but it fucked my break from school, not to mention being sick now. The powder princess is pissed !
Lol, I am guessing bachelor may pull the same stuff. Thry usually open the day after T-day... no official schedule yet though

· Premium Member
7,590 Posts
No way, they've been running cats like mad and announced all over various media sources it's gonna be Sat. Plus there's a break in the storm and the temps are staying lower than predicted. It's gonna be a pow day on opening day yo!
Not saying that, i know its opening Saturday, ill be there. I just dont know if they will stay open through the week and thanksgiving day.

We got a snowmobile too.

· Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Well, its all relative. In terms of Stevens pass crowds, the bachelor crowd yesterday was mild. It was busy for bachelor, like 10-15 minutes in the lift line. This was the first real powder day this year, 15" overnight, while the lifts were turning. There are a ton of people here for Christmas vacation, Baker is not a destination for vacation for the general snowsports family.... Tons of Seattle and Portland people are here right now.

I will still go up again today though.

The only major bummer this year is that I took a contract that will have me away for feb and march with very limited days to come home and enjoy.. I do have the next month to ride as much as possible then april and may I will be off again. I will be lucky to hit 100 days, my goal is actually 60 days. I'm at about 10 days now.

· Premium Member
7,590 Posts
It was still the best snow of the season by far. Lots of shark teeth lurking though, boards were getting chewed up. It's still low tide.
This statement is still true. I guess the law of averages works out eventually. The last 2 seasons were great...

I picked up a contract to make some money instead of spend it.... Leaving in a week to go hang out in napa for 3 months. I will be back for the last month or so of the season.

The past 5 weeks has been brutal with a side order of powder, I feel like I started a really crappy meal with having really great cake and ice cream first(the early powder days followed by rough spring conditions joined by holiday crowds)... I still got about 20 days in though...

I am sure the snow will arrive soon enough but at this point we need a couple of BIG storms to make NW and summit truly enjoyable. From talking to old timers this is like a 4-5 year cycle here... I really wanted to use my snowblower too, no joke.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.