Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
sounds like you tried bachelor over the weekend...
With the crowd following the storm for the week, sat/sun weather and over optimistic conditions reports coming from bachelor.... bachelor was a shit show over the weekend. I only did 4 runs both days. As soon as the crowd showed, lifts stopped working(never opened), I bailed and went for a hike...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
2018 winter on Hood in summary: Heres a massive storm, excited, perfect because the snow is gonna also finish with 3 inches of rain then 45 degrees, oh and the news will still broadcast conditions as powdery perfection so everyone and their mom and second third and fourth cousin will still be up there.

Looking like its gonna be a second straight weekend of rain gahhhhhhh

·
Registered
134 Posts
One more question for you all, regarding avvy courses, do you guys have any preferred instructors or locations (in my uninformed mind, I'd think Baker would be a good area)? When I was looking last fall, it seemed there were a several options depending on what mountain I wanted to go to.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
One more question for you all, regarding avvy courses, do you guys have any preferred instructors or locations (in my uninformed mind, I'd think Baker would be a good area)? When I was looking last fall, it seemed there were a several options depending on what mountain I wanted to go to.
Baker has a 2day sat/sun level 1 and 2... MEC Mt ed course. It is good and very reasonably priced but they fill up real fast.

Mt. Baker Ski Area :: Mountain Education Center

·
Registered
134 Posts
No posts, dead month for you guys or is everyone out riding?

Flying out for a few days this weekend to apartment hunt with my GF. We'll be moving in just a couple short weeks. My brain is sizzling like bacon but thankfully the relocation company is pretty on top of everything. I'm stoked to finally be making my way out West. Yeeee!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Baker has a 2day sat/sun level 1 and 2... MEC Mt ed course. It is good and very reasonably priced but they fill up real fast.

Mt. Baker Ski Area :: Mountain Education Center
Yeah I'm eyeing that too for next season, but it isn't AIARE certified, is it? Thought it wasn't so I will be taking it in addition to AIARE 1 and in a similar time period (maybe a little before, but likely after). Can't get too much learning/practice in!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It's been too miserable in the southern PNW to even want to look at the forum up until recently. But this week has been beyond epic and looks to stay that way for a while so now too busy to look at it.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Yeah, i got out of work and rode bachelor monday, tuesday and a bit today. Awesome conditions. Supposed to keep snowing for the next week. Good thing because im off and home until mid march now. Knee and thigh deep days this week.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Yeah, i got out of work and rode bachelor monday, tuesday and a bit today. Awesome conditions. Supposed to keep snowing for the next week. Good thing because im off and home until mid march now. Knee and thigh deep days this week.
Twas an amazing few days, but it's also still low tide in many spots. Trashed my sick stick pretty badly. Did some epoxy work on a bunch of spots today. Time for a upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Twas an amazing few days, but it's also still low tide in many spots. Trashed my sick stick pretty badly. Did some epoxy work on a bunch of spots today. Time for a upgrade.
Core shot, ouchie! :(

I need to make some ptex repairs to my West after riding through a rock garden last spring in North Carolina.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Low tide is pretty much gone after this week on Hood. Ski Bowl is still rough in spots but about 90% of the mountain is finally ride-able without questioning every bump. Never thought we'd get to a 100" base this season but better late than never.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Low tide is pretty much gone after this week on Hood. Ski Bowl is still rough in spots but about 90% of the mountain is finally ride-able without questioning every bump. Never thought we'd get to a 100" base this season but better late than never.
The west bowls opened for the first time along with summit backside. It's....almost there, but I got a little aggressive in some areas of the west bowls that still had lurking down trees and a few rocks. Fortunately it didn't buck me. I didn't find it until I got home surprisingly. The snow hasn't stopped though so things should be pretty much covered now. So stoked the real winter finally arrived. I was in a real funk for the last few weeks. Seeing blooming trees and plants in 60 degree February weather is scary. Cheers to PNW pow!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where's the final destination?
Work in Redmond, apartment hunting this weekend around the Woodinville or Mill Creek areas. Hopefully we can nail an apartment with a tandem garage, I need to tinker and my GF does detailing work on the side. We've got a fare share of tools and cleaning supplies between us.

241 - 260 of 286 Posts