Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Work in Redmond, apartment hunting this weekend around the Woodinville or Mill Creek areas. Hopefully we can nail an apartment with a tandem garage, I need to tinker and my GF does detailing work on the side. We've got a fare share of tools and cleaning supplies between us.
Gotta clarify Redmond, WA.... There is a Redmond Oregon about 20 minutes north of Bend, where we live....0:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gotta clarify Redmond, WA.... There is a Redmond Oregon about 20 minutes north of Bend, where we live....0:)
Hah! Forgive me. Still learning the areas and I'm not used to all the duplicate names. You must have made some wise life decisions to afford living in Bend. :grin:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice! I'm sure we'll be making a trip down that way in the spring/summer. Fortunately my GF likes scenic drives so we can caravan around without issues. Just need to get the doggo over her motion sickness before we hit the twisties in a spirited fashion.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Nice! I'm sure we'll be making a trip down that way in the spring/summer. Fortunately my GF likes scenic drives so we can caravan around without issues. Just need to get the doggo over her motion sickness before we hit the twisties in a spirited fashion.
Fortunately there aren't too many twisty roads and us. Most of the drives into the mountains are pretty straight. Just 45 minutes west of us, behind mt. Bachelor, there's an unlimited amount of rivers and lakes with relatively easy access. The Deschutes flows right through town. I lived in Redmond, WA as a young lad, it's pretty different now with Microsoft. We left I 1989, so right when they started getting big. Good luck in the search for a place, hope it's easy for ya. Make sure to reach out when you start your adventures.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Work in Redmond, apartment hunting this weekend around the Woodinville or Mill Creek areas. Hopefully we can nail an apartment with a tandem garage, I need to tinker and my GF does detailing work on the side. We've got a fare share of tools and cleaning supplies between us.
Good luck, I know finding housing in that area is tough (or really anywhere in the Eastside lol).

Winter has finally returned! We got less than 2" of snow overnight (with a fair bit of ice underneath) and I couldn't get to work cause of road closures. But it looks like the mountains should be getting a fair bit of snow over the weekend. I'll probably try to make it out to Stevens either Sunday or Monday (probably Monday, weekend crowds are too insane).

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
damn, the past week has been awesome. I hope some of you bachelor/PNW riders have been getting pitted. today I will vote as best because of the lack of crowd and deep snow. Taking hot laps with knee+ deep fresh on a lift with 2500' vert, ride straight on the lift every lap.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
damn, the past week has been awesome. I hope some of you bachelor/PNW riders have been getting pitted. today I will vote as best because of the lack of crowd and deep snow. Taking hot laps with knee+ deep fresh on a lift with 2500' vert, ride straight on the lift every lap.
I had to take Tues and Wed off to take care of some nagging chores I've been pushing off, but other than that I'm getting every day. I love powder!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I feel bad for you guys, it sounds horrible 😃.....damn I can’t wait to get there!
Well we had rain, ice and abnormally high temps for all of Dec, Jan and first two weeks of Feb. We were way overdue, the whole west was. My cupeth overfloweth.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Well we had rain, ice and abnormally high temps for all of Dec, Jan and first two weeks of Feb. We were way overdue, the whole west was. My cupeth overfloweth.
Ill take credit for it. As soon as i got off work 2 weeks ago it started dumping. Haha.

Enjoy it because i head back in 10 days.... :crying: ill be a weekend warrior for the rest of the season after that. I have 35 days on the mountain now though.

Gonna try to pay all my bills off this year and take the full 6 month season off next year, maybe work on the mountain a few days to break up the monotony of snowboarding.:nerd:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hood has been epic. Didn't have the weather restrictions that Bachy did last weekend, full lifts at full speed and just puking. I was riding fresh tracks all the way through 7 pm until my legs finally gave out. We nearly doubled our base in the past week. Seriously the resort riding has been as good as backcountry only with lift service! As long as you stayed away from Meadows crowds of course... I dont think I can ever go back there unless it's midweek.

Skibowl though was literally all cliff drops, go crater yourself, get down to lift and ride past the crater that's now filled in and do it again. Literally it was everyone on the lifts just yelling at everyone to chuck it, didn't matter what you did or how good or bad you were, throw yourself off whatever, land in a cloud and have everyone cheering and yelling. Worst year in ages followed by possibly the best week ever. I probably put 200 feet of vertical free falling from cliffs in on Sunday alone, it was surreal.

Oh and it was all blower, some of the lightest snow I've ridden on Hood ever. I feel like I should just move now and let this be my last memory of it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #276 (Edited)
Hood has been epic. Didn't have the weather restrictions that Bachy did last weekend, full lifts at full speed and just puking. I was riding fresh tracks all the way through 7 pm until my legs finally gave out. We nearly doubled our base in the past week. Seriously the resort riding has been as good as backcountry only with lift service! As long as you stayed away from Meadows crowds of course... I dont think I can ever go back there unless it's midweek.

Skibowl though was literally all cliff drops, go crater yourself, get down to lift and ride past the crater that's now filled in and do it again. Literally it was everyone on the lifts just yelling at everyone to chuck it, didn't matter what you did or how good or bad you were, throw yourself off whatever, land in a cloud and have everyone cheering and yelling. Worst year in ages followed by possibly the best week ever. I probably put 200 feet of vertical free falling from cliffs in on Sunday alone, it was surreal.

Oh and it was all blower, some of the lightest snow I've ridden on Hood ever. I feel like I should just move now and let this be my last memory of it.
Here is why there were closures on Saturday. This is skyliner, which was the highest elevation lift open that day for a reason. It didn't open until after lunch, most had left. I estimate this gust was between 50-60mph. I had fun, my wife not so much. I only remember one other day being this windy while lifts remained open.

Today was the best day of the season imo.

·
Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
Super short edit when we got that cold smoke a few weeks ago. Never had conditions like this in upper Heather before. Very unusual to have no wind and the upper mountain open to access this terrain. LMK if the link doesn’t work

https://youtu.be/QtFUUc49Uro

261 - 280 of 286 Posts