Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 286 Posts

· Premium Member
667 Posts
It's my only "easy" class and the midterm isn't until 1pm which means I can stay up until about 3 am comfortably. Hopefully this snow will continue and I can mess around on a few of the hills near my dorm. I knew there was some reason I chose western. I'm having a hard time not buying a seasons pass right now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm buying mine opening day. First time in 6 years I won't have a pass at Stevens. Should buy it today and save $60 but rather buy some weed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

· Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
Work on the street, Timberline will be running 7 days a week starting the 11th. I hope Meadows is soon to follow so I can a few days in when I'm on school break!! The beginning is near kids!!!!

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Hiked bachy this afternoon. There was about 5 inches at the base, which fills in the low spots well. We didn't get what Hood got but it was cold and dry and really fun. The cone was a little boney from the lighter snow so I hiked to Piney instead. Got to ride my split with the new tail. What am amazing difference a swallow tail makes.

STOKED!

Attachments

· Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
@f00bar lol just woke up and was too stoked to correct the errors

Reactions: chomps1211

· Shred Monster
1,192 Posts

· Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
@Argo why did I think you only had Matthew and not a daughter too lol

Timberline is up to 114" of snow fallen this season...only 18" for a base but it's happening! Bachelor and Baker looking equally white too ?

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
The Goods at Mt. Bachelor Yesterday

Screenshot_20171106-114536 by Ves, on Flickr

We got a shit ton of snow Friday-Sunday. I think between 2 and 3 feet of low density snow. Rumors of an early Bachelor opening are swirling around at the moment. Another good system will be moving in later this week.

· Not quite reformed yet
8,573 Posts
So,... they don't have a problem with you hiking a closed resort?? :blink:

'Round here they arrest you for trespassing if they catch you having free fun on their hill. :shrug:

· Registered
2,893 Posts

'Round here they arrest you for trespassing if they catch you having free fun on their hill. :shrug:
Most resorts in the PNW allow hiking inside the ski resort up until opening operations start up. Then hiking is often still allowed but only in designated routes usually around the outskirt of the resort where you wouldn't interfere with rider or mountain operations. That being said Hood should be up and Running for the season full time this Saturday and with plenty of snow. One of the better starts to a season in recent memory.

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

Nope. There's in bounds hike zones, but they've been really chill about us hiking all over the hill. Once the resort really gets into grooming mode they'll clamp down a bit more.

· Not quite reformed yet
8,573 Posts

We got a shit ton of snow Friday-Sunday. I think between 2 and 3 feet of low density snow. Rumors of an early Bachelor opening are swirling around at the moment. Another good system will be moving in later this week.
Most resorts in the PNW allow hiking inside the ski resort up until opening operations start up. Then hiking is often still allowed but only in designated routes usually around the outskirt of the resort where you wouldn't interfere with rider or mountain operations. That being said Hood should be up and Running for the season full time this Saturday and with plenty of snow. One of the better starts to a season in recent memory.
Sooooo freakin.....

...nuff said! :blink:

Attachments

Reactions: Rogue and Ckoch407

· Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
Day 1 is near

You lucky bastard LOL. Hoping to get a day in next week at Timberline and then super hoping Meadows gets running. Idk how this forecast is possible but I'm praying just the same !!! :

Text Font Vehicle

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
You lucky bastard LOL. Hoping to get a day in next week at Timberline and then super hoping Meadows gets running. Idk how this forecast is possible but I'm praying just the same !!! :

That is an insane report!!! Bring it on! I assumed you would have been up lapping Palmer all weekend.

· Registered
Amplid splitboard, Phantom Bindings, Atomic Blackland
9,065 Posts
Snow Report
90% chance of THURSDAY NOV. 16th OPENING DAY!!!
CONDITIONS UPDATE: Monday Nov. 13
Are your skis and boards waxed and ready? They better be, because the latest forecast is calling for Mt. Baker to get hammered by up to 30-40 INCHES of new snow by Wednesday night, on top of our already solid base! So we are 90% sure we will be OPENING THURSDAY NOV. 16th! We will have another update Tuesday around 3:00 with information on lodge and chairlift operations for Thursday opening. Stay tuned here for the most up-to-date news.

· Premium Member
667 Posts
Snow Report
90% chance of THURSDAY NOV. 16th OPENING DAY!!!
CONDITIONS UPDATE: Monday Nov. 13
Are your skis and boards waxed and ready? They better be, because the latest forecast is calling for Mt. Baker to get hammered by up to 30-40 INCHES of new snow by Wednesday night, on top of our already solid base! So we are 90% sure we will be OPENING THURSDAY NOV. 16th! We will have another update Tuesday around 3:00 with information on lodge and chairlift operations for Thursday opening. Stay tuned here for the most up-to-date news.
Posted this on my IG. I'll be deeeer

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 286 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.