Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Doesn’t seem to be an existing thread this year so I’ll start it. Crystal was off the hook today. 12ish overnight and puking snow much of the day. Last run crossing a “dropped” rope was some of the deepest snow I’ve had the pleasure to ride. The snow was decently light and stayed soft even as it got cut up. Heavy enough to give some substance on turns, though, so a fun consistency. Prior Fissile with Flux DM was the perfect ride - wife was on her Dupraz and equally stoked.

We rode Saturday and had nearly first tracks of the season in Powder Bowl ~15th chair and untracked in the bottom of the bowl. Sunday it rained and the upper mountain was closed so we bailed early after a few runs. Skipped Monday.

Today was about as good a lift served day as I’ve had. Hiked a couple short hikes to gain some pure untracked turns. Damn it was nice.

Snow level sounds like it will stay low enough so the vans is staying here for one more day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So ur in PNW, I thought you are an EC'er...welcome. Bakes doesn't charge, the lower lodge is more downtown RV'ing and the upper lodge is more of BC folks. Also Bakes BC is spooky in that near the bottom of the base there is a hoar frost layer and there is quite abit of weight (wet and heavy) on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.