Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll visit PNW next spring and will be in Bend mid March :yahoo:

Who's in for a meet-up at Mt. Bachelor Sat 11th or Sun 12th March?

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
subscribed...:grin:
Just lurking or trying to come along?

The meet up last year in CO was a great day; we had a blast to shred, chat n tailgate with several CO members. Thought I post it up early enough and on a weekend this time so maybe more can mark the date in their agenda and make it.

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Argo @neni oh I will be there. Fired up and ready to shred. Follow that with an afternoon parking lot tailgate party! Looking forward to it.
My crew will be there with the rv. Im sure #ridenbend will be there with his usual crew of suspects. @ridenbend
Awesome! Looking forward to meet you and the gang. And glad to hear that afternoon parking lot tailgate is possible, yay! Curious to tastd some local beers :). Hope, there's a nice dark one.

Hey Hey! Don't leave me out! I'll head down for some laps and tail gating! But more for the laps hahaha
Sweet! Will be the first time I can shred with a fellow female snowboarder. Really looking forward to the trip!

Reactions: Deacon

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
SkullAndXbones said:
hey neni, i'm just curious, you seem to go on a trip every year. what places have you been to so far and which one was your favorite(s)?
Yeah, atm, I try to concentrate our vacation days on spots which we cannot do anymore in some years... time is ticking, bones get old and butts get too comfortable quickly :laugh:

Each we did so far was different, had its own special greatness and was absolutely worth the trip: Alaska (the snow which makes you able to ride steeps and the endlesness), Colorado (tree riding and of course the company), Japan (light fluff and exotic of vulcano hiking n food and onsen!), and Svalbard (simply stunningly wild n remote).

Gonna need to visit the Arctic again, maybe give Greenland a try. The combination of snow, glaciers, wild coastline and arctic silver-black sea is breathtaking! Really a very special experience.

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hmm, maybe, maybe maybe ???

will have to see how life treats me in the intervening several months.. would be cool to get up to the PNW again...
There'll be a bar of Swiss milk chocolate with your name on ;)

Reactions: deagol and Deacon

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
cool. are you planning to just ride at mt bachelor while your there or are you gonna travel the northwest and visit multiple places?
We'll add some days in WA and then head to AK. You know... that special snow which lets you ride steeps... :) Got a line there I fell in love with and haven't been able to ride yet so I'vo to go back again (and again and. .)

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yeah I'm really hoping they have the black Friday deal again 3 tickets for $100 but I know prices went up this year so I doubt they do it again.
I'm on the lookout for the Mt. Bachelor 4-pack ticket. Did not get a newsletter yet, but hope they'll have it again.

I'm still scared of those damn vents though lol
Nobody is going in any vents. I'm not scared.
Vents?

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Is it snowing yet?????

Yay! Got my Bachelor passes today.
Now I'm getting seriously stoked for the season!
:yahoo::samba::yahoo::woohoo:

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
OMG... you really already have winter! Brilliant. Very very envious :)

(We still have sort of summer. Non-stop sunshine. That's nice as well, but... ;))

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
ya all got me think'n....checked on flights from the ham...not bad...but probably drive down and dirtbag in the beater snow truck or wagon so I could also hit hood and crystal...but could be up to possibly split a dirt bag motel or some sleeping bag space. If I can pull all of this off with the boss lady.
So... what did the lady say? Got your trip set up?

I mentally begun to cross off the days :)

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I saw a few clips from the alps, quite sad. Happy New year
Yeah... it's dreary. But hey, we won't get wet feet standig around the fire eating fondue outside on the alp this night, and will enjoy a clear night full of stars. Today, the lemon has a slight nice aftertaste :)

Happy New Year!

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Pretty sure @neni is coming the second week in March. Not too late.
Yep. Weekend of 11th/12th March for the meet-up is still valid. @Varza, enough time for your injury to heal, I hope.

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
@neni it's not even worth trying, kid points it at the top in any terrain, in any condition, that's his jam. Like watching Xavier. I've horseshoed a tree after a good buck and well, would prefer not to do that again. "I'll just be right behind you dude"
Haha, I'm sure it isn't worth it. Wasn't expecting to have to pay for any beer ;).
Kid was already crazy fast two years ago. SO still mentions that kid in CO he wasn't able to keep up with in awe.

Mr Neni is going to have fun with him.
Noooo! Don't tease him! He's getting too old for such games! :laugh:

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yeeeha! It's getting close! Not even 3 weeks anymore :happy: Antsy to meet you guys and shred your terrain :)

Anyone with a current pow pic to increase the stoke even more?

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
By a stroke of luck, there is a "red chair rally" on Sat March 11. They give out free beer at the base of the red chair.
:grin::samba::eek:ccasion14:

· The Swiss Miss
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Oops, fixed original post.

Good timing! Our local mtns are getting around 3ft between M-F. I'm flying out to Big Sky this weekend...crazy because I just got back from Whitefish yesterday!
You're in as well or still away?

Its next weekend. March 11/12. I think its Rogue, ridinbend+2, neni+1, chomps, 16kgkid (very likely), me+2
I'll be there as well.
So around 13ppl so far.
Is the tailgate BBQ still a topic or is there such a thing like too much snow/too bad weather for it?
I'll stuff every free corner of my bag with a selection of Swiss chese and chocolate to prepare a nice apéros for the tailgate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.