Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Brando by Lando recently and when it came in the mail I noticed that on the base, along one of the edges, there was what looked like a gap between the base and the edge. It's not really a gap exactly, because it's filled in with something, but I don't know what it's filled in with. Could this be a problem or will it be fine? I don't want my edge to blow out of me when I'm on something steep...or ever really..
Here's what it looks like:

What do you think? It seems flush with the base but it's really pretty hard to tell, I can't tell if the white spots are potted or not. Could it be epoxy? If so would that be a problem big enough to try and have the board replaced?

edit: picture isn't working, working on figuring it out..
edit2: can't get the picture inline so here's a link to it http://imgur.com/6Mu3xdd sorry

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't have an answer as to what's up with it or if it's serious - but if that was my board, I would be asking for a replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have an answer as to what's up with it or if it's serious - but if that was my board, I would be asking for a replacement.
Well I called Evo (where I bought it) and they said that since lib tech uses recycled materials that this is probably just a cosmetic anomaly but the rest of the base is perfectly blue and this is only along the edges so I doubt that's it...They seemed to think it was fine but if I asked for a replacement do you think that they would oblige?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I called Evo (where I bought it) and they said that since lib tech uses recycled materials that this is probably just a cosmetic anomaly but the rest of the base is perfectly blue and this is only along the edges so I doubt that's it...They seemed to think it was fine but if I asked for a replacement do you think that they would oblige?
There's really no way of knowing that unless you ask them. I would get in touch with the manufacturer as well. Most boards come with a warranty - and it's something I would want taken care of before the season starts. Like I said, it could be cosmetic, I don't know enough about snowboard construction - but I personally would feel better on a different board. I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Looks like edge was not in tight, that pocket area could get water in it, is there a gap, or is there just a filler material between edge and base? Either way, I would ask for a replacement

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
My Smokin has that like dark between the white base and silver edge. It is flush with base tho so I figured some kind of glue... I checked some other boards diff't brands did not have. My Gnu (Mervin) has it but is three seasons old so I cannot tell if it is a line or just rust krud on my edges. Hard to tell with a black colored base on my BPro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like edge was not in tight, that pocket area could get water in it, is there a gap, or is there just a filler material between edge and base? Either way, I would ask for a replacement
It has a filler material (I assume resin or some melted material from pressing) and there is no room for moisture to get in. I went to a local shop and got their opinion as well and one of the guys there said he had a board that had the same thing and it hadn't caused any problems for him. So, I think I'm just gonna ride the hell out of it and if something goes wrong, I'll warranty that bitch haha.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Ride the shit out of it.

Pray it breaks.

Then you get a new one.

TT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just Ride

Honestly just what timmytard said. If it breaks where you said, they will just replace it. That happened to my old board (or something like it) and it did split but it was the middle of the season and that was my only board, so we just stuck some epoxy in it and it worked like new. Just ask a board shop though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's the plan :snowboard2:
I agree with TT on riding it til it breaks. Personally, If I was unsure about something on my T.rice and the edge blew out I'd be pissed and I would expect Lib would honor the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts