Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night we got the snow maker up and running to test things out. Planning on throwing a hip on the garage, and putting in a down rail once a buddy finishes welding it for us. Got a banshee bungee but was told this machine can easily put in a huge drop in hill if we want, just gotta cut the two trees down. Hopefully we'll be planning on building a bit more around town this season too! Got a few plans. Prettty Stooooked. :D

Anyone else have backyard set ups or plan on building creative hits this season?

small.jpg

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's a great setup! I've always wanted to try building a snow maker, maybe I'll have to try it sometime...

These are some pics from last year when I built the drop in and the features:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice man. looks kinda sketchy but as long as it gets the job done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not trying to be annoying, but something seems wrong about a guy with a log rail calling a guy with a legit box "sketch". lol. :p

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I'll admit I'm a wuss on rails. The more wooden corners the more I consider it sketchy... cliffs and jumps tho I don't think twice about.. plus I'm not a dude. Dude.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Here's my drop from last year. I ended up cutting it down to 6-7 feet because it was way too fast at 10 ft. I extended it another 4-6 feet wide and put another ramp on it for multiple lines. I had a box, a canon rail, and a currogated pipe last year. This year I'll be adding a single barrel and an up-down rail.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/35154-backyard-drop-build.html

Here's an edit of a few of us fucking around on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,339 Posts
Hey I'll admit I'm a wuss on rails. The more wooden corners the more I consider it sketchy... cliffs and jumps tho I don't think twice about.. plus I'm not a dude. Dude.
Kara, you are entitled to be as big a wuss as you want at this point. I'd say you've paid your dues. :dizzy:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
So last night we got the snow maker up and running to test things out. Planning on throwing a hip on the garage, and putting in a down rail once a buddy finishes welding it for us. ....

....Got a few plans. Prettty Stooooked. :D

Anyone else have backyard set ups or plan on building creative hits this season?

View attachment 28561

View attachment 28569
Damn!!! Sweet set-up, Your water bills are gonna be "Killer!" LOL! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kara, you are entitled to be as big a wuss as you want at this point. I'd say you've paid your dues. :dizzy:
Yeah... no kidding. but it ain't holding me back! Might not be able to turn my arm for the rest of my life but I can still get tail grabs with it!:laugh:

Really....did you really post that.......:laugh:
haha oh he did

·
Registered
964 Posts
Once you incorporate a snow gun into the backyard setup, it's officially on a whole other level. Looking good. :eusa_clap: :thumbsup: I have to admit, I'm jealous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts