Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race and have a custom x for that, which is verrry good for carving and high speed but that's about it... I'm looking for a super buttery, rail loving board, but that also does well in powder. Any boards come to mind?

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I wish I would have got a SKATE BANANA earlier honestly, it's better than any Burton or other board I've ever used. All my friends want to use it when I go boarding.
You need to go out and demo some more boards bro.

The Skate Nana isn't bad by any means, but failed to live up to the tons of hype it had when I demoed it.

Mind you, it wasn't just hyped as a park board. It was hyped as a do everything board. Sorry, for Lib Tech, the T.Rice holds that title IMO.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
K2 WWW, Arbor Draft, CAPiTA Horrorscope, Nitro SubZero.

Both the WWW and Draft have blunted tips and rocker. With blunted tips the size you get has a longer effective edge than the same size in a non blunted board. Longer effective edge means more effective base for pow float.

The Horror does not have a blunted tip, but the tips are not angled much compared to the effective board and they are dead flat. This means that they actually increase the effective base in powder over the same size with radiused tips. The SubZero doesn't have flat tips, but the angle of the tips is even more shallow than the Horror and are slightly blunted. I have ridden a 152 in pow (140lbs) and it did well.

Don't downsize like you normally would with a jib board. For instance if your all mountain stick were a 155, stay close to that. Rocker and softness will make them plenty jibbable.

With your weight I can recommend a size in each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have ridden a friends Skate Banana, not a big fan. :dunno:

Also, because of money issues, ill have to buy and 09/10 board on sale

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you already have a Custom X, I would imagine you have Burton Bindings?

If you want to stick with Burton go for a normal Custom or Love. But I dont know your style haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you already have a Custom X, I would imagine you have Burton Bindings?

If you want to stick with Burton go for a normal Custom or Love. But I dont know your style haha.
Its an 08, I'll get new bindings also.

I like the WWW so far...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
I think you'll like it.

Put some Indy's, Contact Pro's, Flow Quattro's, Flux RK30's, or Ride Contrabands on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I race and have a custom x for that, which is verrry good for carving and high speed but that's about it... I'm looking for a super buttery, rail loving board, but that also does well in powder. Any boards come to mind?

Thanks for any info.
I would put the K2 Fastplant in the mix. It is also a rocker board, and looks like a blast in the park. Maybe the Parkstar as well. Not sure how soft you wanna go though.
SnoRidr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts