Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking for a new board for this and next year. This year it will mostly be groomer runs, but if I can catch some powder I go there all day:)
Next year me and my friends are going to Japan/Niseko for hopefully a week of powder riding.

Currently I have Burton Antler Flying-V 151.5 as an all mountain board. It's a really fun board but I have problem keeping up with my skiing friend on a groomer runs. Last year we had a week with plenty of snow and even with plenty of set back I got rear leg burn. A part from that I love this board.

Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
Length: 5'6" (170 cm)
Boots: 7.5 - 8 (40-41 Euro size)

I have been riding for 15+ years and I get down everywhere on the hill.

Since I have a couple of burton boards I have been looking at:
- Burton Barracuda
- Burton Flight Attendant
But also at Yes Pick Your line.

Suggestions on these board and other that suits my needs are most appreciated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
All three would be good choices, though (from what I understand) the Barracuda is more geared towards pow. If you already have ICS bindings you may want to stick with Burton.

All the Family Tree stuff has me looking at Burton again, but personally I'd go with the PYL off your list. We bought our son one last spring for his birthday for our upcoming Japan trip (but now I'm also going to pick up a Charlie Slasher to take along too).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All three would be good choices, though (from what I understand) the Barracuda is more geared towards pow. If you already have ICS bindings you may want to stick with Burton.

All the Family Tree stuff has me looking at Burton again, but personally I'd go with the PYL off your list. We bought our son one last spring for his birthday for our upcoming Japan trip (but now I'm also going to pick up a Charlie Slasher to take along too).
Correct, I have Burton Cartel ICS bindings on the Antler and on my play in the park board. Planning to move one of them to keep the price tag down. It is not a cheap trip from swden to japan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts