Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently riding a K2 Raygun (wide) 161cm and anytime i'm in powder i just sink. I'm told a need a longer board but most of the guides online don't mention guys my size. Anyone here have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Same specs as me and i am riding a 180 birdman and other boards of similar size for japanu would recommend you dont go shorter than 170 and make sure it has a long rockered nose. Short or sharp noses suck in deep pow

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you're not trying to go too big how about a pow specific board like Charlie Slasher 164cm. Only 3cm longer than the one you have but its designed to float way better. Might not want to use it for your everyday board though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Prior makes a big pow board.

....if it's strictly pow, you could always check out Winterstick; that is a big pow board.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I rode a 164 hovercraft and it was a noodle. It floated ok but nothing like the birdman, I couldnt wait to get off it.
If you are scared of the 180 get the 170. I dont know of any other board that can compare to the birdman for bombing deep powder.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I'm only a buck sixty or so?

I just bought a Never Summer Summit 172.

The 164 Slasher would be perfect for me, not so much for the op though?

Sure it would be better than a 161 camber deck, but not by a whole hell of a lot.

TT

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I'm only a buck sixty or so?

I just bought a Never Summer Summit 172.

The 164 Slasher would be perfect for me, not so much for the op though?

Sure it would be better than a 161 camber deck, but not by a whole hell of a lot.

TT
Exactly...

·
Registered
884 Posts
what you need is surface area and nose shape.

k2 ultra dream 165W
k2 Turbo dream 167W

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I rode a 164 hovercraft and it was a noodle. It floated ok but nothing like the birdman, I couldnt wait to get off it.
If you are scared of the 180 get the 170. I dont know of any other board that can compare to the birdman for bombing deep powder.

Shit. Looks like I need another board!

·
Registered
884 Posts
i have a 158 charlie slasher and i'm 175 lbs, my normal board is a 157 banana magic,

the slasher is easier to keep the tip up for sure but there are better pow board out there if you can spend more money.

The K2 boards are close to the same shape as a C.S. but a bit longer and lighter and have more pop, and they will be fun on non pow days too.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Flow Maverick 169, somethin big in the Jones Hovercraft, biggest Burton Juice Wagon, K2 Ultra Dream large size, Rossi XV large size.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Also, with my last post I was agreeing with the size range, not the brand.... Never ridin that board.....

Charlie slasher yeah.
Smokin pinner yeah
Smokin kt22 yeah.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts