Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a board to handle the powder out west but that can also handle turns on groomers and cruise along cat tracks. I'm 5'1 and scared of steeps but want to tackle them next season. Advice? I presently ride a Deja Vu Flying V 141 and it works wll for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for a board to handle the powder out west but that can also handle turns on groomers and cruise along cat tracks. I'm 5'1 and scared of steeps but want to tackle them next season. Advice? I presently ride a Deja Vu Flying V 141 and it works wll for me.
Doesn't sound like you need anything outrageous. Find a good all mountain board that fits your weight profile. Based on what you appear to need, I would look at the Arbor all-mountain series, or any all mountain board in Burton's lineup.

When you ride powder, you will want something that will float in the deep stuff, but still turn. You could add a dedicated powder board, but unless you ride 25+ times a year, you'll likely want to accomplish everything on one stick.

·
Registered
767 Posts
k2 high lite, all mountain board with unique tip and tail shape to help in the pow.

pow boards for smaller girls are hard to find. If your keeping it mellow, longer soft board with lots of rocker works well in pow too, something like a gnu bnice in a 155 (softer and features btx rocker which works well in pow)

·
Registered
122 Posts
This mama's new ride is a NS Lotus. Took it out for for the first time in powder yesterday. Love it. Will write a review later (typing from my iPhone right now).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts