Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When adding a dedicated powder board to your quiver, do you add length, or go with your standard length? I reide a NS 162 Heritsge as my go to board. Heard differing opinions.

Also, I am assuming the rocketed powder boards would be better than the cambers. Is that right?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
depends on the board and tech and specs.
yep. Hovercraft is really fat, so you can go shorter. I didn't..Love floating :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
All other things equal you'd ride a longer version of the same board in powder vs groomers, and rocker is generally more powder oriented than camber.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I was looking at a Never Summer Summit board. I mostly ride at Keystone, Breck, or A Basin. I'd like to do the Back Country stuff but I have alot of learning to do about the Back Country first. So for now I'll just be hitting the bowls of the resorts on good powder days. Looks like I'll check out the 161, and 167 in person. Seems like I could use the 161 based on the info in this thread. Thanks again for the replys.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Save some money and get one of the budget pow decks for your plans. The summit is likely a great board, but it's a lot of money to tie up in a deck you'll only use a few times a season.

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I was looking at a Never Summer Summit board. I mostly ride at Keystone, Breck, or A Basin. I'd like to do the Back Country stuff but I have alot of learning to do about the Back Country first. So for now I'll just be hitting the bowls of the resorts on good powder days. Looks like I'll check out the 161, and 167 in person. Seems like I could use the 161 based on the info in this thread. Thanks again for the replys.
You're driving up from the Front Range so lets just be honest your typical powder day consists of 2 plus hours in traffic, 30 minutes in the parking lot, waiting your ass off in a lift line, and then if you're lucky you'll get 3 to 7 runs where shit might not be tracked and then it's all chunder. Save the cash and the idea you need a 67 the snow is too light here for something that big on resorts that small. Go pick up a last years Salomon Sick Stick, K2 Ultradream, Capita Charlie Slasher, Arbor Coda in the high 150's low 60's. Or just get the Dirksen Powder Snake from Salomon in a 47 and rip the trees on the resort because that's the only good pow you're going to find.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
I used my Summit in SLumit tons last year. At lest 25 days. Had almost 50 for the year, so that is about half my days.

It is worth it IMO. The board absorbs all that tracked out chunder at the bottom, and the base is mega fast.

What I like is in bigger stuff, it was so stable, and then it was so nimble in the trees, or when passing and weaving in and out of traffic.

The base is high quality, and waxing it is a dream, and it really holds up to a beating over many days of bashing through thinner areas. In Colorado, above treeline, we have many thin spots and areas that are so wind scoured that rocks can be exposed. The times I thought I really had a core shot, got to the base at Loveland and only had minor scratches.

I found over the years, cheaper bases get hammered faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts