Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im looking at buying a powder board but have never had one. Im thinking of doing a heli trip in whistler this winter and need a good pow board. Id rather ask unbiased opinions than reviews. im 24, 150lb, 5'8, boot size 7.5. I was thinking jones hovercraft 156 or signal epic 156. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
At your boot size and weight, I think the Hovercraft would be too much for you (it is a super wide board). I'm partial to the Ride Slackcountry and Salomon Sick Stick (I own both). I am partial to the older Sick Stick though with camber between the bindings, they're now flat between the bindings.

The K2 Ultra Dream is getting good reviews too, I've been trying to get on one. The Burton Juice Wagon or Landlord look awesome too if you're stoked on a tapered camber shape like me.

But honestly there a TON of pow boards out there. It's everyone is going to recommend their favorite pow board. It's all about what fits your style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I rode a 56 Hovercraft in pretty deep powder in Japan last season. Float was awesome. Really good at high speed and long drawn out carves.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. I ended up going with the hovercraft.....and felt like getting another board so i bought a rome mod rocker haha. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. I ended up going with the hovercraft.....and felt like getting another board so i bought a rome mod rocker haha. Cheers!
You will not be disappointed with the hovercraft :)

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Pretty good advice all the way around here. I will say, if you get a board with a rocker profile, you are going to do plenty well. Regardless. If that makes decision making a little easier for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmm I got the hovercraft today in the mail and am definitely concerned about the width.....now im thinking of returning it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's supposed to be wide, that's what allows you to have the surface area you need to float in such a small deck. IIRC the 156 has the surface area of a nominal 170cm deck. It will go edge to edge on hardpack without to much effort.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have almost identical stats to the op besides being older.

I will prolly go with the charlie slasher when I go to Hokkaido!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts