Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a powder board that can also carve if I need it. I dont want to travel with two different boards. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I were you, I'd be considering the Endeavor Archetype. It's well reviewed on here and by AngrySnowboarder.

Endeavor designed it for exactly what you describe. . . from a recent exchange I had with their customer service:

"The Archetype is for riders who want to hit deep pow lines, tight tree runs but also just carve on hardpack. "

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is many board like this.
Solomon super 8 - i had one
Koruas own one
Arbor A frame
Jones stratos
Endeavor Archerype
Etc

Wysłane z mojego LM-V405 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is a huge category. Thankfully many powder boards can rail carves. Here's a few I really like the specs of:

Signal Tailgunner or WOW, Rome Ravine or Powder Division MT, Spring Break Slush Slasher, K2 Simple Pleasures or Cool Bean, Amplid Surfari, Nitro Squash or Dropout, Bateleon Party Wave, DC House of Powder, Rossignol Sushi or Sashimi.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Rome PD MT, DC HR, K2 Simple P or Overboard, Telos Backslash, Weston Backwoods or Japow, anything really from Moss, Gentem, or TJ, Arbor Annex, Lib Lost Rocket or Round Nose, Stranda Shorty, Bataleon Camel Toe, Nidecker Mellow, Niche Pyre.

All float, all turn. Pick your flavor and rip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depends a little on what size you are looking for. If you a big person, Libtech Round Nose Fish 165 is a great Powder Board for real big heavy guy, comes in a 159, too. Im not that big, about 170lb geared, I ride a 157 GNU Swallow tail Carver. Recently picked up a Lib Tech Orca, taking it to Fernie for 2 days of cat riding, see how it does compared to my GNU swallow tail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will put in my 2 cents for the Neversummer Swift. This board is brilliant. I had the opportunity to demo a 157 Swift for a week in Utah last year and now own a 162. LOVE this board. If I lived out west it would probably be my only deck. Floated knee deep powder perfectly despite being smaller than I would normally buy, rode windblown tracked out stuff just fine and still railed turns on the groomers at high speeds when we reached the lower elevations. Super fun. And it's pretty to look at. What more could you want.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Agree x a billion on the Swift. I'm an Ice Coast carver and I can't outride my Swift. I've tried. Since I got it I've ridden my camber board twice, mostly because I felt bad.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I actually don't love the Swift on groomers (but I seem to be in the minority) but ^&*%$#@ love it in powder. I've got a specific trad camber narrow groomer board which maybe is why. To me, the Swift has too much nose and not enough tail for aggressive carving on groomers. Or, maybe I am the problem? don't know, but Swift is awesome in powder IMO

·
Registered
201 Posts
I actually don't love the Swift on groomers (but I seem to be in the minority) but ^&*%$#@ love it in powder. I've got a specific trad camber narrow groomer board which maybe is why. To me, the Swift has too much nose and not enough tail for aggressive carving on groomers. Or, maybe I am the problem? don't know, but Swift is awesome in powder IMO
You are exactly right, but if you only get one and you want pow, the Swift gonna work better than many others. The Swift shape, and lack of stiffness gonna not be ideal for the euro carve trench layers. But on a resort, you can ride a Swift on all conditions and the groom easily.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You are exactly right, but if you only get one and you want pow, the Swift gonna work better than many others. The Swift shape, and lack of stiffness gonna not be ideal for the euro carve trench layers. But on a resort, you can ride a Swift on all conditions and the groom easily.
And its not that bad switch, kinda funny looking backwards though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's fair. ^ The swift isn't the absolute best carver ever and has it's weak spots but for a board that absolutely rocks the powder it is amazingly fun and capable everywhere else. It's all in your mindset but it doesn't struggle with anything you throw at it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts