Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Im looking for another board, possibly a powder twin. At the moment I have a Jones Flagship 161, Jones Solution 161, and a Skate Banana 156. Im looking for something in between those boards for a season in Gulmarg, India where there's lots of powder and trees. Something that loves powder but can happily spin and be a bit more loose and freestyle.

At this stage some recommendations have been a Jones Mountain Twin and a Smokin Jetson.

I would love to hear any recommendations!

Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hey there,

Im looking for another board, possibly a powder twin. At the moment I have a Jones Flagship 161, Jones Solution 161, and a Skate Banana 156. Im looking for something in between those boards for a season in Gulmarg, India where there's lots of powder and trees. Something that loves powder but can happily spin and be a bit more loose and freestyle.

At this stage some recommendations have been a Jones Mountain Twin and a Smokin Jetson.

I would love to hear any recommendations!

Thanks heaps.
Neither of those 2 will be as good in powder as the Skate Banana. Jetson could be similar but the Mountain is not anywhere close. Maybe get a bigger Skate Banana?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Burton Trick Pony, Yes Greats, Endeavor Board of Directors, Arbor Element, Salomon Sick stick or Powder snake.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
ime, the skate banana folds up and sinks in the powder...could not get rid of the thing fast enough. Have not ridden perhaps the powder snake and sick stick..idk...locally there is a nos powder snake that been sitting in a shop for over a year that I've thought about picking up

·
Registered
568 Posts
FWIW I was in a similar situation I just picked up a Smokin Jetson to add to the quiver. Haven't ridden it yet, but I can't wait to get it into some pow (if we get any)

*edit - I did get mine at 50% off so that did influence my decision

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Burton Trick Pony, Arbor Wasteland, Amplid PillowTalk, Flow Rush, Nitro UberSpoon, Smokin Jeston, Salomon Assassin, Rome Mod Rocker, Rossignol Jibsaw, or Yes Typo.

Some are more pow than others, they all will float really well.

If you really want a POWDER twin, those are the Trick Pony, PillowTalk, Smokin Jeston, and Uberspoon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love my skate banana didn't fold or whatever people say. It's good all mountain stick. In and out of park. I wouldn't get it for just pow.

Get the bataleon magic carpet 156!!! I I just think that's a cool stick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Legends, thanks heaps for the recommendations!

I was recently in Japan and mostly rode my flagship, but in saying that I had a few days in about a ft of dry as powder and the skate banana was surprisingly good.

Being is Australia the Amplid Pillow Talk and the Mahar Bohemia are harder to get. At this stage my local store has a K2 Ultra Dream and an Abor Coda, and I can also get my hands on a Smokin Jetson.

Have you guys had days on the Ultra Dream, Jetson, or Coda?

Looking for pillow dropping, surfing the trees, and some booters into pow pow.

Thanks heaps!

·
Registered
168 Posts
My Flow viper is great in pow. It's a true twin flat rocker so kinda more of a freestyle stick but so far it's been great for everything.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts