Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
SportRx makes a snow goggle called the XPF 120. The prescription is embedded in the actual shield and is treated with an anti-fog coating so it combats fog really well. However, if you happen to be the fashionista type, these goggles ain’t pretty. So the other option is to order ski goggles of your choice and have them make you a prescription lens insert. SportRx has a range of different-sized inserts to be compatible with any goggle. Make sure you get them with an anti-fog coating! You can also order your prescription ski goggles with bifocal or progressive lenses in addition to single vision. There are also some great goggles by Smith Optics that include a turbo fan right inside the frame for the ultimate anti-fog defense. Call a SportRx optician, they will help you find what you need.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the best goggles hands down for glasses are the smith turbofan family. theres 3 models, kind of like a small, medium, or large. it still fogs when your sitting still but once your moving and the air comes in and the fan blows out, the fog goes away and stays fog free for the rest of the run... my personal experience

what i would do is when im not going down the slope, i lift the goggles up to keep my glasses from fogging. right when im about to make my run, i turn the fan on full power and put the goggles on. never had any problems of my glasses fogging WHILE actively boarding down. of course i will usually fog some during the lift ride up but when i really need to see, it does a really good job. its powered by (1) AAA battery and usually lasts atleast one full day of full power so just keep a pack of batteries in your jacket

before these goggles, i would board with NO goggles because of the fog issue. wearing goggles will boost up confidence knowing your face is half protected

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I found several options for prescription goggles, anybody has experience with one of these?
sportrx
snowvision
gogglesnmore
?

Also anybody has an opinion on whether to go for inserts or not?
Thanks!
Anon M4 work unreal with prescription inserts. Inserts are so much better than wearing your glasses under OTG goggles

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wear contacts when I snowboard. If you have prescription goggles, you can't see when you remove your goggles. Just get some cheap disposable ones, you can get by with a single box for an entire season easily if you just wear them to board.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts