Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my new really expensive investment I was wondering how you guys prevent your snowboards from getting stolen.

Snowboarder stealers should get the death penalty!:mad:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just leave mine at home and use what I find at the hill. Sometimes it's a bitch to get the right setup so bring a screwdriver and don't worry about swapping parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just leave mine at home and use what I find at the hill. Sometimes it's a bitch to get the right setup so bring a screwdriver and don't worry about swapping parts.
Uhm not sure if I understood you correctly but why by a stick if you always leave it at home?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Cable lock. Simple, lightweight, and enough of a deterrent to keep most thieves away. The longer you leave it though, the more likely it may get snagged... Just take it back to the car if you plan on doing the apres thing for awhile after riding...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just buy a chain and a lock or a decent bike lock and leave it attached to a rack before you go up the mountain. This way you get better protection and you don't have to haul it around with you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The purpose is to make it more difficult to steal than the next nice board that isn't locked.

There is no complete way to prevent a snowboard from being stolen. If a theif wants to take it, they will find a way to take it, regardless of the precautions.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Right, but the chances of a rider carrying a simple multi-tool opposed to someone carrying bolt cutters are pretty different. I am still agreeing with you though as it is better to have something than nothing.

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
I actually had 2 boards stolen in the same season 2 or 3 years ago. The first was a cheaper old board(nice graphic) with clicker bindings, not locked, but really? who the fV<K steals clickers? The 2nd was a cheap LTD with base model flow's, locked with a cheap cable lock, for 20 minutes outside the bar. Just enough time for me to take a piss, take 2 shots of rum, get a beer and walk outside to have a smoke.

The cheap cable locks are completely useless. I bought another one to lock my next board but I'd keep it lashed to my boot cuz I didn't like it in my pocket. It managed to get under the edge of my board when I was landing a 10' jump, completely smashed to bits AND cut the cable.

Buy a good lock(bike chain lock or better) or keep your board in your sight/locked in car at all times.

·
Registered
105 Posts
either use a board check, take it with you, or have a friend watch it. everything else is pointless. if someone wants your board, they arent gonna take the one next to it because it isnt locked. they are probably already prepared to snip your cable lock.

·
Premium Member
7,613 Posts
Great thing about living here is the restaurant people know us all wheee we go, we put our boards by our table.... Fuck the risks

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
I carry my board with me all the time too, I even take it into the bathroom and rub my dick all over it put it by the sink/towel dispenser. I've only had one person in the loft/bar try to make me put my board outside, I told them to fV<K off I'm a member here, no more trouble :) I don't completely trust ski-check either, I've had them try to give me the worng board. I told them it wasn't my board and luckily they recognized me and gave me back my board.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts