Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Why do you think prices have increased on 2022 gear?

• Small Supply

• Large Demand

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ditto the Nitro love, incredibly well designed, featured, and priced bindings. Unfortunately that ankle strap didn't agree with my high arches, nothing bad but enough that a full 5-6 hour riding day made me wish I was on a pair of my Romes instead (Pivot mount saves me). Definitely worth checking out their binding line, Phantom Carvers have some serious power behind them and I'm a guy who spends half my time on Targas.

$110 for a base grind sounds insane to me! Our super tune is $60 and that includes P-tex work. If it's just a grind, edge, and wax it's $50. Hope that Montana machine gives the best finish you've ever seen!
Yeah I must admit I was worried about that, with the Nitros - I have an extra high arch and a wide foot (and bad overpronation) and on my Burtons I have to have the straps at their highest mounting holes, in order to get through the day. Somehow, the Nitros haven't given me any grief, so I'm running with it while I can!

And yeah, the cost of the tune is a bit on the pricey side - but here in Aus e.g. a "hot wax" (it's a marketing thing) and edge is $50-$60 at most stores, and equivalent of your super tune around $90 at places in the city.

I was happy to foot the $110 as it's going to a local business in a time where everyone in town is shitting themselves, having lost business for yet another snow season, due to lockdowns that are being imposed on us for Covid cases that are hundreds of KMs away.

I say I want to help a local business, mind you the guy drives a Porsche and owns a lodge in Hakuba lol.

Interestingly, looks like I can get Team Pros cheaper than regular Teams at the moment? Might have to pull the trigger...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
If they're a good price, I would absolutely suggest giving them a go. They might not agree with you, but then again, like me, you might find yourself being pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
You do realize that we are currently in the worst inflation since the late 70s, and its very possible we are just ramping up and it'll get much worse. It affects everyone and everything. You're lucky if you're only seeing a 5% increase.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ditto the Nitro love, incredibly well designed, featured, and priced bindings. Unfortunately that ankle strap didn't agree with my high arches, nothing bad but enough that a full 5-6 hour riding day made me wish I was on a pair of my Romes instead (Pivot mount saves me). Definitely worth checking out their binding line, Phantom Carvers have some serious power behind them and I'm a guy who spends half my time on Targas.
+ 1 for nitro love!
Used to hate on them back in the days cuse’ of their name.. For me and my friends back in the days Nitro had a old-man-vibe. Then I grew up and became a old man. ✌🏻

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wonder if the increased cost of building materials will be used as an excuse to up prices.
It is very interesting that Bent Metal kept their original pre-order pricing vs Union increasing theirs.

The pre-orders became available on Evo.com approximately a month ago.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts