Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Problems with BOA laces being cut?

9K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Snowboard Sloth 
#1 ·
I just bought a pair of Ride Jackson BOA boots. They are my first pair of board boots with the BOA system.

I'm nervous about having someone's board/ski edges running up onto my boots and cutting or damaging the BOA wire laces. I'm even nervous about resting my board on my back foot while on the chairlift.

Has anyone had their BOA laces damaged like this or am I just being overly worrisome?

#5 ·
I'm looking to relieve some of the torsion pressure on my front knee as I ride the chairlift by resting the board on my back foot (don't we all do this to some degree?). As for people riding on my ankles, it's more a case of those time you have some newbie riding up on over your toes while in the lift line.

However,If the stainless steel wires are durable, I'm more at ease.

#7 ·
You wont have any problem with the wires. The turn knob, ratchet thing will wear out.

Boa will replace them for free. I highly suggest you order a replacement now. Then when you have an issue you will have the parts to fix the problem. It took two years for mine to give out, about 5 minutes to order the part, 5 days to arrive and 15 minute install.

Luckily mine failed in October when I was getting everything ready.

#8 · (Edited)
You wont have any problem with the wires. The turn knob, ratchet thing will wear out.

Boa will replace them for free. I highly suggest you order a replacement now. Then when you have an issue you will have the parts to fix the problem. It took two years for mine to give out, about 5 minutes to order the part, 5 days to arrive and 15 minute install.
Pretty much exactly that. Order replacement parts in advance - Boa will supply them for a nominal fee or for free if you make a warranty claim.

#9 ·
Going on two seasons without having to replce my cables. On other boots o have busted the cables. Easy to replace. Tighten up the cables after you are done using them so that you lessen the chance of kinking or fraying them. That is about it. Pretty reliable product.

#13 ·
I know, I'm a noob.

I wouldn't worry about your laces snapping. They likely hood of anything rubbing up next to them while you are riding are this big: <0.00001% (I'm guessing)
I have a question though; if you have a pair of boots that have regular laces, is it possible to install Boas? I've been looking and looking for answers, but found nothing. Thanks and good luck this season!

#14 ·
I wouldn't worry about your laces snapping. They likely hood of anything rubbing up next to them while you are riding are this big: <0.00001% (I'm guessing)
I have a question though; if you have a pair of boots that have regular laces, is it possible to install Boas? I've been looking and looking for answers, but found nothing. Thanks and good luck this season!
Make that question a Thread. Lol should be fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.