Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the whole system can go in a backpack and get recharged quickly, seems pretty interesting?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first I thought t had 2 little jet engines in the back ;)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,459 Posts
At first I thought t had 2 little jet engines in the back ;)
Hahahaha!! Personally, I'd rather have the flying cars and personal jet packs they promised back in the 60's! ;)

Think about it,.. Strap on the board and go "(Jet-Pack) Heli-boarding" any time, anyplace!!! God Damn you Walt Disney for getting our hopes up!!! :laugh:

...of course the BC would probably wind up FULL of BER's (...Booger Eatin' Retards!) :dunno:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still...imagine that thing quietly ripping pow uphill, go in a backpack and get recharged at the car while you drink a cold one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
What's the point? The only use I could imagine would be for lazy backcountry riders, but I doubt that thing would work in loose, natural snow nor and I also doubt it would be powerful enough to propel a rider uphill.

In short, dumb idea is dumb.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
It looks like a bunch of 19/20 year old students doing a uni project to solve a problem that doesn't exist...

For the creators, i will give you a clue why this has no place in snowboarding...

It's called a LIFT PASS it allows you to get on a lift that takes you to the top of the mountain with no need for any mad over engineered crap that makes you look like a turd... ;)

Just trying to be constructive... ;)

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
It looks like a bunch of 19/20 year old students doing a uni project to solve a problem that doesn't exist...

For the creators, i will give you a clue why this has no place in snowboarding...

It's called a LIFT PASS it allows you to get on a lift that takes you to the top of the mountain
This. That thing is not gonna work in backcountry conditions. It's probably only going to actually work on perfectly maintained groomers. Powder or hardpack and you're done. Plus, it's slower than skinning or hiking. So, it's essentially useless.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,459 Posts
If you want more informations about this project or to know about incoming improvements, check our website : www.propulsurf.com
:WTF::WTF::WTF: :blink:

I'm more intrigued by the fact that It took almost a year and a half for them to turn up here, create a new account, dig around and find the only zombie thread relating to their stupid gadget????????

*edit*

…after visiting their web page and watching the video? I don't see as how anything has changed from Kirkrider's first posting this!! However, THIS looks like it just might have some potential,..

If nothing else, it looks fast as fuck!! :D :yahoo:

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
If you want more informations about this project or to know about incoming improvements, check our website : www.propulsurf.com
Is your mom busy?
:WTF::WTF::WTF: :blink:

I'm more intrigued by the fact that It took almost a year and a half for them to turn up here, create a new account, dig around and find the only zombie thread relating to their stupid gadget????????
it looks like a dp machine for ppsurf's mom...:wavetowel2:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i guess this would be useful for people that hates to skate to the liftline:dunno::)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts