Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering getting a second board, but I don't know much about how the flex rating, stiffness, and all the different stats relate to how a board actually rides on the mountain. This would most likely be for deciding on an aggressive freeride board that is also proficient with bc booters and cliff drops, and good on both groomers and powder.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I am considering getting a second board, but I don't know much about how the flex rating, stiffness, and all the different stats relate to how a board actually rides on the mountain. This would most likely be for deciding on an aggressive freeride board that is also proficient with bc booters and cliff drops, and good on both groomers and powder.
Search for a thread titled "rocker, camber and everything in between". It's a good starting point.

Unfortunately you're asking a very broad and subjective question!

Typically "aggressive freeride" involves some camber underfoot, if not throughout the board, medium to stiff flex, possibly a lifted nose to help with powder. And a little longer than average.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search for a thread titled "rocker, camber and everything in between". It's a good starting point.

Unfortunately you're asking a very broad and subjective question!

Typically "aggressive freeride" involves some camber underfoot, if not throughout the board, medium to stiff flex, possibly a lifted nose to help with powder. And a little longer than average.
I searched it; nothing came up.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts