Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting another stick to keep my Raptor company. The Raptor takes care of the freeride/big mountain but would like something better suited for the park. Would the CTX be a good fit? If so, would a 158W be too small for 230lbs even if it was only for the park and maybe some trees?

·
Registered
448 Posts
For mainly park you can get away with a 158. The Proto runs 2-3 cms longer due to the blunted tips. It's on the lower end for your weight but it sounds like a good board choice for you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
No, not too stiff. The 390 Boss have a middle-of-the-road flex. They will do a good job on the Proto.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i ride the proto ctx 155. What an awesome awesome board!
i agree - i think the 158 would work for you and i think you might like it so much you might put the raptor in storage -even for freeriding.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm on a 160w Proto HDX with 390 Boss as my bindings. I weigh just shy of 200lbs. If you're mainly jibbing, the 158w is probably what you want. If you're mainly jumping, I'd look at the 160w. Either way, it's a fun board and you should enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't seem to find anything bigger than a 158W right now. Would like the 160W if I could find one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts