Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i am really not working for my LBS anymore they decided to drop alot of the brands ive worked to get them to carry. i feel unchained in riding the brnads they stock.... decided to take a "leap of faith" on some Now bindings. sounds promising. willl update as they arrive and so on

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'll dig them. I got 5 days in on mine last week. Got some IPO's coming in for my other board tomorrow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i forgot last year that one of my bindings hardware (all 4) are stripped and pretty tight. need to bust out the dremel and impact driver.
heres one side.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no big difference on the carpet... looks liek another month till i find out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whats the general consensus from people who own these? They had tons of hype when they came out, but i never saw them in person or met a person who rode them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Whats the general consensus from people who own these? They had tons of hype when they came out, but i never saw them in person or met a person who rode them.
I found a decent difference in response, but an even bigger difference in leg comfort. Felt like I could go for weeks with them on.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from what ive heard, nothing bad... yet

·
Registered
562 Posts
Heard great things too. Pulled the trigger on these last night as well.

Got the box home and there was only one binding. Looks like they sold me the display model! Emailed 'em, will have to go back on Saturday and get it sorted.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I demo'd last years ipos and found them to be the most uncomfortable binding I have put my boot into so far. Hopefully this years are better when I demo them.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What would make them unconfortable. The only thing I could think of is that they're not canted

·
Registered
730 Posts
Got the box home and there was only one binding. Looks like they sold me the display model! Emailed 'em, will have to go back on Saturday and get it sorted.
hahahaha, that is pretty funny. I grabbed a set of IPOs....pretty stoked to try em out. I hope I like em as I already sold my cartels:unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I demo'd last years ipos and found them to be the most uncomfortable binding I have put my boot into so far. Hopefully this years are better when I demo them.
Hmm I'm thinking of picking up a pair of last seasons IPO's in the sale. Why were they uncomfortable?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hmm I'm thinking of picking up a pair of last seasons IPO's in the sale. Why were they uncomfortable?

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but i found them extremely comfortable.. maybe not set up properly? the bindings have a ton of adjustment in them, so no reason why you shouldn't be able to get them dialled.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The inside of both of my feet had sharp pinching pain, which I have not had in any other bindings. Really no rocket science to setting up bindings so I doubt that was it. Maybe just my foot and that binding maybe my boot and that binding.... ride rfls. I have heard other people rave about them though.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Loved my IPO's last season, so much so I sold all my other bindings towards the end of the season and ran it on everything from my pow decks to all mountain to fuckaround boards. Have the Drive on the way to me now. Thanks to Gilly's Boardshop! I've been buying decks and bindings from him for years, and he now carries the entire NOW line, so hit him up...

·
Registered
397 Posts
I picked up a pair of the Drive bindings the other day for my new 161 TRice HP. Last year I rode the IPOs and it was a major game changer. I can't go back to regular bindings ever again, and will probably buy a pair of Selects next for my other board. I have only one day on the Drives and so far I like them but they are definitely a lot stiffer than the IPOs and I'm not sure I totally like that (maybe a few more days to get used to them) The construction is better this year for sure. To me they add a ton of dampness to how your board rides and I find I can charge through the chop better than ever before.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Cool, I'm going to pick up a pair for my Darker series in the future. Sounds like a good choice so far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got a pair but will not be riding them for another few weeks. Wasn't sure about them at first but going to give them a shot.

Couple points,
- the heel is really narrow and hugs my size 8.5 zf1 boots. this should be a good thing, they feel custom fit to my boots and are very sleek and low-profile.
- compared to union chargers the highback is noticeably shorter but they feel more supportive laterally.
-quality is decent but Unions have the edge at least on first appearance. do not want to pass any judgments yet.
-weight per pair is 2000 grams. About the same at Union Factorys which I also considered.

I also considered the Selects but besides the switchable highbacks what's the benefit over the IPOS?

I have some new setups starting off this year... Now Drive/Yes Asym 154, Union Atlas/Yes Jackpot 154, Capita BSOD 156/Union Chargers. The Chargers were on the Jackpot last year. I will see how the Atlas go but might want to try to IPOs or Selects if the Drives work out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts