Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably sound pretty dumb but there are three different holes on my k2 indys to screw the high back into... What's the point of those? There is a latch/piece of plastic you can slide up and down on the back of the high backs to adjust the lean already.

Also, what would the best way to set these for a all mountain style? (maybe a little forward lean?)

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
This will probably sound pretty dumb but there are three different holes on my k2 indys to screw the high back into... What's the point of those? There is a latch/piece of plastic you can slide up and down on the back of the high backs to adjust the lean already.

Also, what would the best way to set these for a all mountain style? (maybe a little forward lean?)

The screws on the highjack are to adjust the high back rotation in accordance to making them more responsive on your heel turns, AKA making the high back even or parallel with back side edge of the board. If your high backs have a lot of flex, I wouldn't bother adjusting them. The flip tab is to adjust forward lean. You'll want no lean if you're more of a jibber and adding lean will help with keeping you're legs flexed in that riding stance and also gives you more heel side responsiveness because you'll be able to apply less pressure to hit those heel side turns since that high back is forward...if it makes sense. Since you're all mountain, a little forward lean wouldn't hurt. Depends on comfortability and a matter of individual preference. There's no set in stone right or wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - It's crazy I rode the last two seasons without knowing you should align the high backs with the edge of the board.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Wow - It's crazy I rode the last two seasons without knowing you should align the high backs with the edge of the board.

Thanks guys!
It's not necessarily a MUST. Depends on the high back stiffness which turns into responsiveness. I used to do it until it was uncomfortable and I started buying bindings with high backs with a decent amount of flex. When I'd adjust them, the inside edge of my right high back used to dig into my right calf. So I stopped doing it and relied more on forward lean for increased responsiveness if I needed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get the same thing, right leg (back leg), inner calf hurts. My high backs so the insides are angled more pointed to the middle of the board. If I angle them to be parallel with the edge of the board, that should help alleviate that?

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I get the same thing, right leg (back leg), inner calf hurts. My high backs so the insides are angled more pointed to the middle of the board. If I angle them to be parallel with the edge of the board, that should help alleviate that?
Worth a try and isn't something too difficult to adjust on the fly at the slopes if you have a screw driver. My issue was when I adjusted them to be parallel. The high back would dig into my calf. Now, all my bindings I leave alone since they have a moderate amount of flex in the high back. I don't need to adjust them to be even with the backside edge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're my first and only pair - that being said they are pretty good. Straps are nice and comfortable, easy/fast to put on and strap in. Adjusting isn't too complicated (after someone explains it to me). They seem responsive, etc but honestly I have nothing to compair to.

The only downside is some of the paint on the highbacks rubbing off onto my boots but nothing to really worry about.

Edit: I have the 2011/2012 pair, not the latest ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are a good budget pair of bindings - I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Hope that helps, maybe someone else in the forum that can better compair them to other bindings can chime in though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've owned an older pair of Indys and upgraded to the Formula last year. Definitely felt a difference in comfort and responsiveness of the bindings. I'd recommend spending a bit more for Formulas if you're planning to go often. Indys will still get the job done though and save you a bit of cash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts